Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

xtk:packageImport modification and filtering

Level 3

I am trying to adopt the packageImport form to have a third option functioning like the "standard" package, but for my own packages in my own namespace. Everything works fine until "my" copy of the "standard" container showing available packages to install; all packages are shown i.e standard and my own. I guess the soapCall in the form (in enter tags):

<soapCall name="GetDbParams" service="xtk:builder">
<param type="DOMElement" xpathOut="dbcnx"/>
<param type="DOMElement" xpathOut="createdbParameters"/>
</soapCall>

Needs to be adopted with something like: 

<param exprIn="@namespace" type="string"/>

but I can not find the GetDbParams soap call or know how assign the value of my namespace. Any suggestions on how to approach this is much appreciated.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @RBE_jonas 

What are you trying to achieve? I would be very careful to customise such entity and although nothing prevents you to do it, packages are crucial and critical for the good functioning of an instance, not only for moving your customisation in and out of an instance but also during upgrade. hence my question, what are you trying to achieve excatly? In which context? Automated deployment?

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Hi Denis 

Thank you for your reply. I understand your concern and asure you I am only extending the form; i.e. not rebuliding the built in functionality. Simply put, by adding your own namespace folder on the server you can have your own packages be installed only once like the standard packages. I have added my own option in the first view of the form, that when selected will display my own container that is a copy of the standard container. My own packages are visible but so are all the standard ones too. Hence I need to duplicate and modify the soapcall too, but I am having trouble locating it OR if it can be done by simply adding a paramter tag - I am not sure. But it is however done to a separate instance of the container form, and does not affect the standard packages. Yes, I understand  future updates can potentially overwrite my form but that is something manageable.

If you know where I can find the GetDbParams-soapcall, or if it is possible to extend the call with an  additional parameter-tag, it would be very much appreciated.