Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

workflow tables relation

Level 3

Hi all,

Does any one know hierarchy / relation between different xtkworkflow% schema's i.e. below

XtkWorkflow (Workflows)

XtkWorkflowEvent (Event)

XtkWorkflowJob (Workflow in waiting state)

XtkWorkflowLog (Log list)

XtkWorkflowLogin (List of logins)

XtkWorkflowTask (Elementary task)

I understand xtkworkflow contains metadata details of each and every workflow, how does other workflow related tables gets populated. For example, what exactly is relation between workflowevent & workflowtask etc.

Regards,

Ankit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ankit,

I would explain it like below :

XtkWorkflow (Workflows) :

stores the workflows stored along with mData

XtkWorkflowEvent (Event) :

Captures the transactional states of a workflow i.e. - Status , processing start , processing end etc. So whatever events are happening and changing during execution of the workflow

XtkWorkflowJob (Workflow in waiting state) :

Keeps in memory transit jobs

XtkWorkflowLog (Log list) :

Logs generated from workflow are stored here

XtkWorkflowLogin (List of logins) :

Operators who have started ,stopped , restarted the workflows

XtkWorkflowTask (Elementary task) :

Stores details about each of the activities , it's execution times , identifier etc. A history of how activities perform inside a workflow can be found.

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi ankitkochar,

Hope this helps.

xtk:workflow - Stores metadata and execution information of workflows.

xtk:workflowLog - Stores logs of each task of each workflow execution.

xtk:workflowTask - Stores information of each task of each workflow execution.

xtk:workflowEvent - Stores what message is transitioned from one task to another in each workflow execution.

xtk:workflowJob - Stores information about waiting tasks of a workflow.

xtk:workflowLogin - Stores with which login the workflow is executed. If the operator is inactive your workflow will throw error.

For a more practical understanding, you can get the id of an workflow and try to filter in all these schemas.

Regards,

Deb

Level 1

Thanks Deb, this is helpful.

I mainly wanted to understand if any hierarchy relation between these tables - and mainly between workflow , workflowtask, workflowevent, workflowjob

So if I understand correctly, each workflow will have the tasks associated (which are activities in the diagram) getting stored in workflowtable and the transition in between are stored in event table - these are something which gets stored during execution.

Regards,

Ankit

Community Advisor

Hi ankitkochar,

To make more sense, the ones you see in your workflow design you can call it as Activity and during execution can be called Task.

As per my understanding the hierarchy would be,

Workflow->Workflow Task-> Event.

Workflow job is to hold information of scheduled or wait activities of a workflow.

Level 1

Thanks, this makes sense.

Regards,

Ankit

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ankit,

I would explain it like below :

XtkWorkflow (Workflows) :

stores the workflows stored along with mData

XtkWorkflowEvent (Event) :

Captures the transactional states of a workflow i.e. - Status , processing start , processing end etc. So whatever events are happening and changing during execution of the workflow

XtkWorkflowJob (Workflow in waiting state) :

Keeps in memory transit jobs

XtkWorkflowLog (Log list) :

Logs generated from workflow are stored here

XtkWorkflowLogin (List of logins) :

Operators who have started ,stopped , restarted the workflows

XtkWorkflowTask (Elementary task) :

Stores details about each of the activities , it's execution times , identifier etc. A history of how activities perform inside a workflow can be found.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

Thanks, Adhiyan. Really helpful