Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Workflow properties :History in 30 days menaing?

Level 4

Workflow properties :History in 30 days menaing?

Also we have keep interim checked for aroung 100 workflows and those wkfs we have run one time only........

so all the temp tables that are craeted during executions of these wkfs will be there for forever IN ? or when they will be deleted?

Shruti1_0-1694848365555.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

Workflow audit logs and if any temporary table got created for the particular workflow, these will be get deleted when 'History in days' reached.

If you have given history in days as 30, so after 30 days the temporary table will be purged.

As you mentioned there are 100 workflows with keep the interim result enabled, this will cause negative impact in database storage. It is advised that, only during development or testing of a workflow you need to enable 'keep the interim result' option and once testing or development is done, then you need to uncheck it and restart the workflow.

For more details...

ParthaSarathy S

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

Workflow audit logs and if any temporary table got created for the particular workflow, these will be get deleted when 'History in days' reached.

If you have given history in days as 30, so after 30 days the temporary table will be purged.

As you mentioned there are 100 workflows with keep the interim result enabled, this will cause negative impact in database storage. It is advised that, only during development or testing of a workflow you need to enable 'keep the interim result' option and once testing or development is done, then you need to uncheck it and restart the workflow.

For more details...

ParthaSarathy S

Community Advisor

Hello @Shruti1,

the "history in days" setting could be only for SQL logs, posibly for data kept in the workflow temporary tables. I could not find it in the documentation.

But for sure at least workflow  audit log, is set on deployment wizard and it is by default set to 180 days.

EDIT:
So it seems the audit log in workflow is different than the audit log in deployment wizard. That setting is for actual audit log found under the adminstration 

And the audit log in workflow is indeed purged after the workflow setting "history in days"

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Level 4

Hi @Shruti1 

Interim data of two executions i.e. temp data of the workflows will be deleted automatically based on your db cleanup scheduled time. By default it's scheduled to run at 4AM daily. 

History in 30 days is used to store the logs of activities used in the workflow. 

Thanks,

Prem Kumar Ganesan