Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

When executing a workflow, I get the following error - INT-150012 The HTTP query returned a '' type error (504).

Level 3

I have been running one recurring workflow in which players are added to one segment. There was no issue until today. Players were added to the desired segments everyday. But today, the above mentioned error was displayed and players weren't added to the segment. 

1 Does anyone have any idea why this happened? 

2 As this workflow was running perfectly fine till now, what might have caused this to fail after so many days?

3 Can this be once in a lifetime failure ?

4 What are the required steps to fix this?

5 Should I wait till tomorrow and check this again ?

Thanks for your help..

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vinay,

To answer your questions:

A: 504 errors are network timeout errors that occur when something is taking too long or just not working right. There is extensive online resources if you want to deep dive into various causes of 504s.

2 As this workflow was running perfectly fine till now, what might have caused this to fail after so many days?

A: Given that the workflow was functional and there does not appear to have been any changes made based on your description, it is likely an issue at the network level and not actually with Campaign.

3 Can this be once in a lifetime failure?

A: Could be but unlikely. Networks can experience issues for numerous reasons including breakdowns in hardware, and power failures. So as long as these errors are very few and far between, I would not stress too much about them.

A: Unfortunately there is not much you can do at this point outside of enlisting your network administrators to review the server/network logs at the time to see if they notice anything odd. Typically, if Campaign is being asked to analyze these issues we need to enable network logging using tools, such as Wireshark and Fiddler to monitor and capture a TCPDump when the issue occurs. Only then can you really isolate the root cause.

5 Should I wait till tomorrow and check this again?

A: That is certainly reasonable if the workflow has been stable all this time. I would also suggest adding workflow alerting on this workflow by adding yourself as a supervisor of the workflow. That way you can be notified if it should fail.

Documentation on adding yourself as a supervisor:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/monitoring-...

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vinay,

To answer your questions:

A: 504 errors are network timeout errors that occur when something is taking too long or just not working right. There is extensive online resources if you want to deep dive into various causes of 504s.

A: Given that the workflow was functional and there does not appear to have been any changes made based on your description, it is likely an issue at the network level and not actually with Campaign.

3 Can this be once in a lifetime failure?

A: Could be but unlikely. Networks can experience issues for numerous reasons including breakdowns in hardware, and power failures. So as long as these errors are very few and far between, I would not stress too much about them.

A: Unfortunately there is not much you can do at this point outside of enlisting your network administrators to review the server/network logs at the time to see if they notice anything odd. Typically, if Campaign is being asked to analyze these issues we need to enable network logging using tools, such as Wireshark and Fiddler to monitor and capture a TCPDump when the issue occurs. Only then can you really isolate the root cause.

5 Should I wait till tomorrow and check this again?

A: That is certainly reasonable if the workflow has been stable all this time. I would also suggest adding workflow alerting on this workflow by adding yourself as a supervisor of the workflow. That way you can be notified if it should fail.

Documentation on adding yourself as a supervisor:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/monitoring-...

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

Thank you so much for detailed reply.

As rightly pointed by you, there was a network failure for few minutes that have caused this issue.

I have checked today and the workflows are running perfectly fine without any issue now.

I will add myself as supervisor so that I can get notification as suggested.

Thanks,

Vinay