Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Unique Opens Vs Person Opens

Level 4

Hello,

We are trying to get to a Unique Opens vs Person Opens. Adobe Campaign has a Unique Clicks (# of broadlog with click) and Person Clicks (# of people with click). They both count clicks but Unique is just the recipients and Person is meant to be recipients + users who clicked from a forwarded email.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 151825.png

In the screenshot Unique Clicks would be "Recipient clicks" (3,586)
Person Clicks would be "Distinct clicks for the population reached" (5,200)
Total Clicks would be "Cumulated clicks" (6,622)

Similarly, there is a distinction for opens too. "Distinct Opens for the Population Reached" is what I'm after. And after reading some Adobe documentation, this is different from "Recipient Opens" (# of broadlog with open). Somehow "Distinct Opens for the Population Reached" is estimated using "Recipients Opens", but I don't understand the formula of how it gets thereScreenshot 2021-01-20 152103.png

So the question is -- how is @estimatedRecipientOpen calculated? What is @text in the formula provided in the help text? (screenshotted above)

Thank you for your help!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

PS: this has to be moved under Adobe Campaign Classic

Hi Robert,

The formula is correct. Text stands for text version vs html version.

Basically, opens are calculated based on a 0x0 pixel image ( see NmsTracking_OpenFormula option for more details) available only in html. The formula is calculating opens only on recipients that received html version.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

PS: this has to be moved under Adobe Campaign Classic

Hi Robert,

The formula is correct. Text stands for text version vs html version.

Basically, opens are calculated based on a 0x0 pixel image ( see NmsTracking_OpenFormula option for more details) available only in html. The formula is calculating opens only on recipients that received html version.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 4
Thanks David! Oops, i thought i did tag Campaign Classic, sorry about that

Level 4
Hi David, sorry one other question -- how can i see how many were delivered as text vs html? Thanks!

Community Advisor

under nms:delivery and properties

DavidKangni_0-1611327757689.png

Thanks,

David

David Kangni