Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Understand prepare and start command in ACC

Level 3

Hello!

I have a question regarding the "Prepare" and "Prepare and start" options when it comes to delivery and sending out an email.
When using "Prepare and start" will the sendout be sent immediately but when using just "Prepare" then a manual action is needed (confirming the delivery in campaign dashboard for example).

A user did a sendout for some days ago with just Prepare and forgot to confirm it. She confirmed today but I cannot see any changes in the logs and it seems that the sendout is starting:

A_B_SE_0-1702552749403.png

Is it because of this?:

A_B_SE_0-1702552572946.png

Is it safe to restart the wkf and the sendout from scratch?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Marcel,

The answer to your question is yes. As the delivery validity has passed, any sending attempts would result in the recipients failing, which you should see in the delivery logs of the delivery.
For good measure, I would ensure that no recipients were sent by reviewing the delivery logs. If none were sent, then recreating the delivery and running the workflow should be safe.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @A_B_SE,

prepare runs all the typology rules exclusions, personaliziation of each message etc. and needs to be confirmed.
- prepare and start - will start to send emails

take a look at:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/action-acti...

Marcel Szimonisz

Level 3

Hello Marcel,

I know the difference between the two, I'm asking what caused the issue above.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Marcel,

The answer to your question is yes. As the delivery validity has passed, any sending attempts would result in the recipients failing, which you should see in the delivery logs of the delivery.
For good measure, I would ensure that no recipients were sent by reviewing the delivery logs. If none were sent, then recreating the delivery and running the workflow should be safe.