Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Truncating a foreignkey? Consequences

Level 4

Hi, I've created a 1-to-1 relationship between table ABC and Recipients.

This question is related to this one.  

Now, We need to empty the table ABC every day, to ingest new data only. This is done using a SQL activity and doing a truncate on the table, so we only keep the headers.

Beign the relationship a foreign key with recipients, how would doing a truncate action on table ABC affect recipients?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz ,

In the given links , the attribute revIntegrity="normal" is defined, so it will initialize all the Foreign Keys if the deletion happened at the source Schema. 

So the truncate operation on ABC would only initialize the foreign keys of Recipient Schema.

PFA the documentation for reference,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/schem...

Regards,

Pravallika.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz ,

In the given links , the attribute revIntegrity="normal" is defined, so it will initialize all the Foreign Keys if the deletion happened at the source Schema. 

So the truncate operation on ABC would only initialize the foreign keys of Recipient Schema.

PFA the documentation for reference,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/schem...

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 4

Hi @LakshmiPravallika , 

Could you detail this part: "So the truncate operation on ABC would only initialize the foreign keys of Recipient Schema".

What is: only initialize? So records on Recipients won't be deleted?

I need only to delete (truncate) records on ABC.

Level 4

So according to me research, those foreign keys in the Recipients schema are set to null, so there are no orphan foreign keys.

No records are deleted in Recipients, due to  the attribute revIntegrity="normal".

Thank you, Pravallika.