Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Time Zone based deployment testing - Help

Level 2

Hey All,

I'm trying to do some A/B email testing based on reciepient time zone and i'm running into a bit of a brick wall.  Essentially, I want to test and see if a specific hour delay based on the time zone of the recipient results in higher open and conversion rates.  I could do this via a split to delay activity based on recipient state but it seems like there is probably a more elegant way to achieve this.  Has anyone ever experiemented with this using a javascript activity or javascript within the email delivery itself?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

you can use JS and create several branches for different deliveries.

Create JS node and input code (change it per your needs):

var timezone= 1;
if(timezone> 1){
task.postEvent(task.transitionByName("branch1"));
} else {
task.postEvent(task.transitionByName("branch2"));
};

If you do not need branches then just invoke a workflows or deliveries in the {}.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

In the inbound transitions, if you already know the recipient's time zone, use test activity and use a wait step. You can achieve this.

1856536_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Thank you for the response.  Would you be able to provide more details on this suggestion?  If possible i'd like to avoid a branch for each time zone, just for the sake of workflow elegance, and attempt to prioritize on the back end via JS or in the delivery itself.  Your suggestion may achieve that goal but i'm not sure i fully understand the setup.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

you can use JS and create several branches for different deliveries.

Create JS node and input code (change it per your needs):

var timezone= 1;
if(timezone> 1){
task.postEvent(task.transitionByName("branch1"));
} else {
task.postEvent(task.transitionByName("branch2"));
};

If you do not need branches then just invoke a workflows or deliveries in the {}.

Regards,

Milan