Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

The marketing instance crashes when you duplicate an email

Level 2

Hello everyone,

With our team, we are currently encountering a small but very annoying issue. Indeed, when we try to duplicate an email, the marketing instance crashes instantly. We don't receive any error message; the window simply closes.

What's frustrating is that it doesn't happen consistently. It might occur for one person but not for another, or it might happen once or twice but be fine on the third attempt. Sometimes it works after restarting the computer; it's very random.

When a colleague experienced the issue, I duplicated the exact same email template they tried to duplicate. She encountered a crash, but I was able to perform my action without any problem.

At the moment of duplication, the task manager indicates a significant spike in CPU usage before the crash.

So, I wanted to know if this issue is known and if/how you've resolved it.

My client console is version 7.3.2 build 9356@037232, and the application server is version 7.3.5 build 9368@de31307.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Ragsthenos,

There are a few things that I can suggest. Since this isn't an instance where the Marketing application actually crashes, but the console, you'll need to perform some isolation testing.

Tests to perform:

1) Check if the same issue is happening in your non-prod versus prod environment (if it isn't, then compare and contrast between the two instances to see what differs)

2) Are remote connections at play (different VPNs, logging in from different/remote locations outside of the office)

3) Upgrade to a console version that aligns with the current application build (Console versions should always be at least on the same version as the application)

4) As suggested already, when this occurs, are there a lot of workflows or other tabs open? If so, does the issue occur when just one or two tabs/windows are open?

5) Grab the application web log at the time of the crash (it's unlikely to reveal a smoking gun since the issue is probably on the console side, but just to be sure)

6) Reproduce the issue with trace view enabled:

a) Open TraceView application under <Server-Installation-Directory>\bin\tools --> traceview.exe
b) Go to the Campaign client instance where you are working and press "Shift + F3"
c) Perform any activity on the instance.
d) Go back to Trace View tool and note the SOAP data coming in.
*Note that Trace Viewer in some older versions of the app is in French only, so a quick Google translate can help
7) Reach out to Campaign Support with the results from steps 5 & 6 if the root cause cannot be identified

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 7

Hello, @Ragsthenos. When I have issues like this, I clear the local cache. Have you tried it?

Heku__0-1715095139100.png

Hope this helps!

Level 2

Hello Heku.

Yes, we already tried, we also tried restarting our computer and the problem persists

Level 7

Hello @Ragsthenos do you disconnect and reconnect after clearing the local cache so it takes effect? That solves lots of issues.

Level 2

Yes of course, every time I clear the local cache I log out before performing any other action

Community Advisor

Hello @Ragsthenos  The trick is to not have to too many things open in at the same time.

Just like Chrome browser tabs. AC console also uses more resources when you have to many WFs and campaigns tabs opened at the same time.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_,

Yes I also thought that the problem could come from there but even after restarting the computer and opening only Adobe Campaign without another window, the problem persists

Community Advisor

@Ragsthenos 

Check if the build number for console and server is same

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Ragsthenos,

There are a few things that I can suggest. Since this isn't an instance where the Marketing application actually crashes, but the console, you'll need to perform some isolation testing.

Tests to perform:

1) Check if the same issue is happening in your non-prod versus prod environment (if it isn't, then compare and contrast between the two instances to see what differs)

2) Are remote connections at play (different VPNs, logging in from different/remote locations outside of the office)

3) Upgrade to a console version that aligns with the current application build (Console versions should always be at least on the same version as the application)

4) As suggested already, when this occurs, are there a lot of workflows or other tabs open? If so, does the issue occur when just one or two tabs/windows are open?

5) Grab the application web log at the time of the crash (it's unlikely to reveal a smoking gun since the issue is probably on the console side, but just to be sure)

a) Open TraceView application under <Server-Installation-Directory>\bin\tools --> traceview.exe
b) Go to the Campaign client instance where you are working and press "Shift + F3"
*Note that Trace Viewer in some older versions of the app is in French only, so a quick Google translate can help
7) Reach out to Campaign Support with the results from steps 5 & 6 if the root cause cannot be identified

Level 2

Hello @Craig_Thonis I'll answer with your suggestions below:

As soon as the problem occurs again (because it is not always the case) we will try to do it on another environment. However, we have several similar projects and multiple production environments, and we are only experiencing the problem on this project. I would also like to point out that the forms and data schema relating to deliveries have not been modified in any of the instances

yes there are remote connections, but whether it's remote or in the office, the problem persists, plus the VPN is the same

I'm going to propose to my company to do it indeed it could solve the problem, but I still have a doubt because some people have never had the problem while we all have the same configuration

I also thought that the problem could come from there so we tried to close all the applications, restart the computer, launch only adobe campaign with only one window/tab but the problem persists

Indeed there is nothing, I have already tried to find logs too

I didn't know traceView at all, we'll try this solution, I'll give you feedback when we're done

Level 2

It seems that the problem is solved by updating the client console, thank you very much