Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

targetData in a direct delivery template

Level 1

Hello.

I am facing a problem when creating a direct delivery template.
I want to add some columns to the extraction file and collect this values from the targetData.

Here is a part of the extraction file:

Output columns: (notice they have alias assigned:

manuelcantillo_0-1611327710859.png

targetData:

manuelcantillo_1-1611327780524.png

What I want to accomplish is that the targetData value goes to the output column without the need of assigned manually.

I was hoping that if I create a query and add some extra fields and assigned a alias per field, this fields will auto added to the output columns (from the extraction file) without the need to assigned manually.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manuelcantillo 

you have defined these columns with empty value inside. You cannot expect to be overwriten.

Instead, if you are sure these columns are always there just select them as other columns in output.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manuelcantillo 

you have defined these columns with empty value inside. You cannot expect to be overwriten.

Instead, if you are sure these columns are always there just select them as other columns in output.

Regards,

Milan

Level 1
Is there a way to put a default value if the column does not exists?

Level 1
Is there a way to put a default value if the column does not exists? or Do I need to create it like: IsEmptyString([targetData/@test],'' ,[targetData/@test] ) ?

Community Advisor
Hi @manuelcantilo, you can define [targetData/@test] in delivery but I think delivery will fail if this column is not provided. You should test it anyway. You can create two deliveries (one with this field and another without) with one test node in front of them. So in case column exist/does not exist to point to respective delivery in order to avoid delivery failure. Regards, Milan

Level 1

Is there a way to put a default value if the column does not exists? or Do I need to create it like:

IsEmptyString(NoNull([targetData/@test]),'',[targetData/@test] ) ?

Thanks