Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Storing an internal delivery ID before the target hits the delivery.

Level 3

I am working on an SMS integration and attempting to pass the deliveryID into a shortURL as a campaign parameter. More specifically, I want to capture the internalID before shortening the link, so that i can include it in the long hyperlink.

The issue that we're having is that we can't do this using a recurring delivery because the deliveryID updates with each child delivery.  So, i'm wondering if there is a way to capture and store the internal ID so that it can be included in the shortened hyperlink without having to delete and add another non-recurring delivery.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/giveplatelets.html?cid=biomedfieldmarketing&med=text&source= KaleyraAdobe&campdesc=TX_BHQ_RE_PP_ABO_DripEligibility_NA1_Act_092822_PRDDM310232&utm_source= KaleyraAdobe&utm_medium=smstext&utm_content=body_textmessage&utm_campaign= TX_BHQ_RE_PP_ABO_DripEligibility_NA1_Act_092822_PRDDM310232

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @Sukrity_Wadhwa, Our best solution was actually create a variable in advance and then assign the variable to the delivery name.

Define Variable:

var LABEL = 'SMPP Single Delivery';
instance.vars.dynamicInternalName1='SMPP'+Date.now();
var ORIGINALLINK = 'https://www.redcrossblood.org/giveplatelets';

Populate Varibale:

$(instance/vars/@testID)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @wpomeroy 

Here is another way to do it. In the short URL, pass the workflow id instead of the delivery ID. Then for the reporting. You can use the workflow id to get the delivery id.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_ , thank you for the reply.  I think this is the opposite of what i want.  I want to match the unique deliveryID to the delivery event date so that i can roll up delivery volumes, interactions, etc. by each deployment date.

I believe the workflow ID is a static field that remains unchanged across deliveries.

Community Advisor

Hi @wpomeroy ,

Considering the campaign Workflow has multiple Recurring deliveries and needs to differentiate those deliveries in tracking and reporting.

If you are going to define the SMS URL with its campaign parameter fixed, and create a static short URL and configure it in SMS delivery, then you can try below approach.

For Each recurring delivery configure delivery code (may be same as internal name)

DC.PNG

And configure this delivery code in URL and create a Short URL and use it in Delivery. So that you can differentiate this delivery with your other deliveries in the campaign.

ParthaSarathy_0-1665752880623.png

Administrator

Hi @wpomeroy,

Was @ParthaSarathy's solution helpful to resolve your query? In case it was helpful, then kindly choose it as the 'Correct Reply'. If not and you still need more help, then do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @Sukrity_Wadhwa, Our best solution was actually create a variable in advance and then assign the variable to the delivery name.

Define Variable:

var LABEL = 'SMPP Single Delivery';
instance.vars.dynamicInternalName1='SMPP'+Date.now();
var ORIGINALLINK = 'https://www.redcrossblood.org/giveplatelets';

Populate Varibale:

$(instance/vars/@testID)