Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Send SMS copy to non-recipient profile

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have a use case whereby I'd like to send SMS to someone who is not a recipient in the DB but his/her mobile number is tagged along with recipient's mob No in the variable fields in my targeting dimension.

1. E.g.

Customer Name

Recipient Mob No

FP Mobile Number (variable field in targeting dimension)

ABC

BCD

XYZ

Now, the target mapping OR targeting dimension/schema for my SMS delivery is configured to send the SMS to "Recipient Mob No"  which is all good , my requirement is to send the same SMS copy (which is going to Recipient Mob No) to "FP Mobile Number" as well with the same SMS text.

PS: I cannot add “FP Mobile Number” column along with the “Recipient Mob No” column in the “target mapping”.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Add a col to the recip table to stash the workflow col (FP Mobile Number)
  2. Create a new target mapping on recip table, pointing SMS to the new col
  3. Add an Update data activity to your campaign workflow to copy the workflow col to the recip table's new col
  4. Copy the delivery and change its To field to use the new target mapping
  5. Add a Fork activity before the delivery's inbound transition to send to both deliveries

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Add a col to the recip table to stash the workflow col (FP Mobile Number)
  2. Create a new target mapping on recip table, pointing SMS to the new col
  3. Add an Update data activity to your campaign workflow to copy the workflow col to the recip table's new col
  4. Copy the delivery and change its To field to use the new target mapping
  5. Add a Fork activity before the delivery's inbound transition to send to both deliveries

Thanks,

-Jon