Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Questions about Optimization in Adobe Campaign - Open Deliveries taking too long

Level 7

Hello, I have some questions regarding optimization in Adobe Campaign

1. Is there an Oracle cache? 

2. Is there a server cache for the console? 

Our deliveries are taking too much time to open, what would be the standard way to go to improve this? 

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The only specific cache for the console is at the console level itself (which you can hard and soft clear). That said, clearing the console cache typically causes load times to increase initially.

I recommend reaching out to Campaign Support, as performance troubleshooting/optimization often requires a holistic view of the system to understand what changes to make.

How I would typically work to troubleshoot these issues is by asking the following questions:
1) When did this issue first start? Was performance always a problem, or did this recently crop up after an upgrade or some other application work?

2) Does this happen with all users or just a few? If only a few users are impacted, what makes them different? Are they logging in from a different network? Are their users configured with different permissions? Is the issue machine-specific?

3) If you have a load-balanced configuration, do you experience the same performance issues when you log into each server directly?

4) Is it just opening deliveries, or is it general system slowness?

5) Are there times in the day when performance is better or worse? If so, then have you checked for long-running queries or blocking at the database level?

6) Have you checked server-side performance metrics (CPU, memory, IOPs)?

7) Have you analyzed the network traffic (request/response) between the console and the application? This can be done using tools such as Wireshark and Fiddler (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/trace-viewer-and-c...)

Are the appropriate indexes in place at the DB level?

9) Is the web application crashing?

There are other potential steps to examine, but as I said, I would try to answer the above and then engage Support (especially if your environment is Adobe-hosted).

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The only specific cache for the console is at the console level itself (which you can hard and soft clear). That said, clearing the console cache typically causes load times to increase initially.

I recommend reaching out to Campaign Support, as performance troubleshooting/optimization often requires a holistic view of the system to understand what changes to make.

How I would typically work to troubleshoot these issues is by asking the following questions:
1) When did this issue first start? Was performance always a problem, or did this recently crop up after an upgrade or some other application work?

2) Does this happen with all users or just a few? If only a few users are impacted, what makes them different? Are they logging in from a different network? Are their users configured with different permissions? Is the issue machine-specific?

3) If you have a load-balanced configuration, do you experience the same performance issues when you log into each server directly?

4) Is it just opening deliveries, or is it general system slowness?

5) Are there times in the day when performance is better or worse? If so, then have you checked for long-running queries or blocking at the database level?

6) Have you checked server-side performance metrics (CPU, memory, IOPs)?

7) Have you analyzed the network traffic (request/response) between the console and the application? This can be done using tools such as Wireshark and Fiddler (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/trace-viewer-and-c...)

Are the appropriate indexes in place at the DB level?

9) Is the web application crashing?

There are other potential steps to examine, but as I said, I would try to answer the above and then engage Support (especially if your environment is Adobe-hosted).

Regards,

Craig

Level 2

Out of curiosity, were you able to identify the root cause of the slowness with Adobe support? I have started experiencing the same issue with opening deliveries--I plan on reaching out to Adobe support, but if you have any "quick hits" you can share from your experience, that would be great!