Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Purge a List using JavaScript

Level 4

Hello,

I need to purge a list through JS code. I understand I can do this in the workflow, but I need this done in JS since the list I need to delete is part of a Journey. My client will be dropping a list (Follow-up list) to load later in the Journey - but really no set date on when they will load it. So I have the workflow set to check daily if the list is empty or has been loaded. If empty, workflow resets to check the next day. If populated - then workflow will run as normal. 

Unfortunately, I'm really new to JS coding and I haven't found how to do the purge of the list through any documentation. 

Does anyone has an idea about how to proceed, or documentation they can point me too? 

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, 

you want to reset the list every time there are records and are used?

You can do it by SQL activity where you truncate the list. The table of the list you can find in the list itself

marcel_gent_86_0-1588190679333.png

In the SQL activity or sqlExec() JSAPI function  I would use SQL command 'TRUNCATE TABLE grp110315177' everytime you chose to purge it

If it is just one time before you want to use list in production I would just go to the list and removed the records directly from the list through the explorer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, 

you want to reset the list every time there are records and are used?

You can do it by SQL activity where you truncate the list. The table of the list you can find in the list itself

marcel_gent_86_0-1588190679333.png

In the SQL activity or sqlExec() JSAPI function  I would use SQL command 'TRUNCATE TABLE grp110315177' everytime you chose to purge it

If it is just one time before you want to use list in production I would just go to the list and removed the records directly from the list through the explorer.

Level 9

The easiest way I found to purge a list was to use built-in workflow activities. Once I am done with the List I run a query on the list that selects 0 records then run an update List directly after. This purges the List.

Community Advisor

Hi @holmes74338504,

I have not used it but you may test the following code:

group.Unregister (XML recipientList)

This should delete selected records from the list.

Regards,

Milan