Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Personalization in proofs

Community Advisor

Hi all,

I am trying to "alive" proofs for recurring deliveries (deprecated by Adobe).

Managed to do it for deliveries without personalization, but when personalization is included an error is thrown in the proof delivery:  'Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 4: targetData is not defined. SCR-160012 Javascript: error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'.'

So, if used seed address in the proof, we are defining additional data (below) but still cannot recognize targetData   

milanv69354962_0-1579603815729.png

Any idea why is refusing to use this additional data?

Regards,
Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Milan_Vucetic 

Without seeing the details normally this literally means that the delivery target does not have targetData available. You can make small workaround when you initialize the variables at the end of the delivery source code such as.

This error happened to me when I was using native JS functions such as targetData.string.toString().indexOf() even though those variables were coming to the delivery.

<%
targetData.variable1;
targetData.variable2;
%>

BR,

Marcel

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Milan_Vucetic 

Without seeing the details normally this literally means that the delivery target does not have targetData available. You can make small workaround when you initialize the variables at the end of the delivery source code such as.

This error happened to me when I was using native JS functions such as targetData.string.toString().indexOf() even though those variables were coming to the delivery.

<%
targetData.variable1;
targetData.variable2;
%>

BR,

Marcel

Community Advisor

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

where these variables should be initialised exactly?

If you mean on XML source code, there are two tabs Entity and Context but wherever is put an error is raised.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Milan

Community Advisor
In the delivery template -> Source -> very end after <html> tag