Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Out of office type auto-replies - how are they handled?

Level 1

Hi,

We are using Adobe Campaign Classic - v6.1.  I am trying to understand what happens to out of office type replies that are sent in response to emails sent through the platform.  I have looked at the Non-deliverables Management section on our live environment - and see there is an Auto-replies rule that looks as though it would cover this - but it is not enabled on our platform.  Please can you advise what would therefore happen to any out of office replies received?  Would they be sent directly to the mailbox that is set as the reply address on the specific email delivery or are there any other settings to look at?

Thanks in advance for any pointers/advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I presume the Auto_replies rule has to be enabled to capture the deliveries.

An error has occurred in the message delivery chain. It could be an incident on the SMTP relay, a domain that is temporarily unreachable, etc. According to the error, the address will be tried again until the error counter reaches 5, or it will be directly sent to quarantines.

Please check the below link regarding the deliveries:

Monitoring a delivery

Regards

Venu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Hello,

The deliveries can fail with an "Unreachable" error stating: "Inbound email bounce (rule 'Auto_replies' has matched this bounce).

This means that the delivery succeeded but Adobe Campaign received an auto-reply from the recipient (e.g. an "Out of office" reply) that matched the 'Auto_replies' inbound email rules.

The auto-reply email is ignored by Adobe Campaign, and the recipient's address will not be sent to quarantines.

Regards,

Venu

Level 1

Thanks for your reply Venu.  Would this still happen if the Auto_replies rule hasn't got the enabled box ticked?  This seems to be the case on our system.  I'd presumed it then wouldn't try to match.  I can't see any delivery failures due to matching the Auto_replies rule when scrolling through the Non Deliverables and Addresses section with Unreachable error reason - but can see similar matches to Unreachable or Probably_Unreachable listed.

We would actually like to see the out of office messages for a particular delivery - so would prefer it to be sent to a mailbox we manage instead.  Is there a way to ensure this happens?

Thanks

Ann

Correct answer by
Level 8

I presume the Auto_replies rule has to be enabled to capture the deliveries.

An error has occurred in the message delivery chain. It could be an incident on the SMTP relay, a domain that is temporarily unreachable, etc. According to the error, the address will be tried again until the error counter reaches 5, or it will be directly sent to quarantines.

Please check the below link regarding the deliveries:

Monitoring a delivery

Regards

Venu

Level 4

Hi team,

I have a doubt related to same thread. One of the recipient is unable to send proof to herself, reason being - Inbound email bounce (rule 'Auto_replies' has matched this bounce). I'm able to send the proof to the recipient. She is able to send proof to others but not herself. What do you think should be a solution for this, to be able to send proof to herself?

Regards,

Priyanka