Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Nav hierarchy "Mass update of selected lines..." disable/restrict

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I have a new request to restrict/limit/dissable (Mass update of selected lines...) option which is available upon right clicking on a particular list of records, however, I need to disable it for a particular group and only on the recipient form(s)

david_garcia1_0-1620653252344.png

Going through the nav hierarchy, I pulled out the following code and added it to my custom nav tree, however, it completely disabled mass of updated lines through the whole client, not just recipient, anyone has any idea on how to achieve this correctly?

<commands>
<command contextual="true" enabledIf="HasNamedRight('admin')" form="xtk:massUpdate"
formKeyPath="job/userArgs/recipients" formSchemaPath="job/userArgs/@nmsrecipient"
label="Mass update of selected lines..." name="update" notVisibleInForm="true"
rights="write"/>
</commands>

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

AFAICT it's not possible to check schema in nav hierarchy for global mass update command as it's dynamically selected and enabledif can't read its path.

Would have to put the schema check on form xtk:massUpdate and error back to the user that they aren't where they're supposed to be.

FWIW changing the UI like this isn't adding much security as users will still be able to mass update via other less convenient means.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

AFAICT it's not possible to check schema in nav hierarchy for global mass update command as it's dynamically selected and enabledif can't read its path.

Would have to put the schema check on form xtk:massUpdate and error back to the user that they aren't where they're supposed to be.

FWIW changing the UI like this isn't adding much security as users will still be able to mass update via other less convenient means.

Thanks,

-Jon