Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple Row to single row from imported file?

Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PawanGu , This can't be done in Data loading activity. It will consider each row of the file as a individual data row in the temporary work schema.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @PawanGu ,

If your file is a .csv file, enable 'Comma' in 'Column Separator' in data loading activity > click here to change the file format

ParthaSarathy_0-1718342162602.png

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

I am doing same but not getting above output. Can you please share steps and output screen shots.

Thanks 

Pawan

Community Advisor

@PawanGu  Share us your sample file structure and 'click here to change file format' configuration and the error detail

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

Can you please show me multiple steps those you use.

Thanks 

Pawan

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

I am used your solution and get all column merged in to single column but I need all colunn row merge in single row with colon separator as my input and output layout. Please provide a quick solution.

Thanks

Pawan gupta

Community Advisor

@PawanGu ,

If you open your .csv file in notepad, it should be like this

ParthaSarathy_0-1718341365591.png

Create a new Data loading (file) activity, and when you upload this sample file, you can see the below structure by default

ParthaSarathy_1-1718341484736.png

Now, select 'click here to change the file format', have the same configuration as below,

ParthaSarathy_2-1718341550071.png

When you upload the file and run the workflow, you will receive the output as below,

ParthaSarathy_3-1718341726574.png

ParthaSarathy_4-1718341748200.png

Whereas, if you configure as below in 'click here to change the file format', by not selecting any in 'column separator'

ParthaSarathy_5-1718341892295.png

you will be getting output as,

ParthaSarathy_6-1718342001561.png

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

Thanks for 

So I want single column rows data merged in single row with colon separator. Please  suggest as per my issue.

Thanks for your overall support.

Pawan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PawanGu , This can't be done in Data loading activity. It will consider each row of the file as a individual data row in the temporary work schema.

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

Is there any other activity to get same result.

Thanks

Pawan 

Level 2

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

I am getting error when run campaign given same you provide solution. Please provide solution.

Thanks

Pawan