Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Merge Recipients profile

Level 3

Hi All,

I want to merge two or more profiles having same email id and create a final recipient record.  I am trying to understand how 'update data' activity works and how to define rules for merging. Before update data activity I have query activity to fetch the required records.

When I select Operation type as 'Update and merge collections' in update data activity, what configuration to be made for 'Record Identification' section and 'field and collection of target record to be updated' section.?

parmeshwarr3905_0-1665765262518.png

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Parmeshwarr,

Please take a look at the attached documentation below. It goes into some specifics on how to configure the update and merge collections.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/targeting-a...

Level 3

Hi @Craig_Thonis  I had been through the documentation and got confused a bit that's why i have to put it here. 

Looking for a some more explanation on how it works. if you have any other blogs/links to share it would be great!

Thanks!