Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to use Personalization tab in delivery properties?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Vijay.

First thing first, Welcome to you in Adobe Campaign family  

As you may see, we have many paths for personalize a message in Campaign and it may appear confusing at the beginning. Perso path is sometimes depending on the execution context (i.e. from a Campaign workflow, A standalone delivery, etc. ...) and  whether the data used for personalising is bound to the profiles or not. I assume you question is then totally legitimate by the way.

Personalisation tab is a legacy from earlier version of Campaign and is very useful when you are in a Standalone delivery. You can use it to handle more advanced logic than just picking field from the profiles schema. In addition it make it possible to load objects that are not directly bound to the profiles and that can be use to personalize the delivery when preparation is running. these objects are not unique per profile. They are global. Imagine you want to personalise a message based on a future event that is the same for all targeted profiles. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Vijai,

Have you checked out the documentation?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/personalizing-delive...

If not, please check it out and let us know if you still have remaining questions.

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

Hi Craig,

Thanks, I am new to abobe campaign. I just went through document. I have done personalization by using personalization block , <%= targetData.id %>, <%= recipient.lastName %>. But I have no idea on how to use the personalization property in email delivery. It would be more helpful if I get more detail to work on it .

Thanks,

Vijai Karthik 

vijai1289_0-1645711664346.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Vijay.

First thing first, Welcome to you in Adobe Campaign family  

As you may see, we have many paths for personalize a message in Campaign and it may appear confusing at the beginning. Perso path is sometimes depending on the execution context (i.e. from a Campaign workflow, A standalone delivery, etc. ...) and  whether the data used for personalising is bound to the profiles or not. I assume you question is then totally legitimate by the way.

Personalisation tab is a legacy from earlier version of Campaign and is very useful when you are in a Standalone delivery. You can use it to handle more advanced logic than just picking field from the profiles schema. In addition it make it possible to load objects that are not directly bound to the profiles and that can be use to personalize the delivery when preparation is running. these objects are not unique per profile. They are global. Imagine you want to personalise a message based on a future event that is the same for all targeted profiles.