Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to restrict a operator group from viewing Output file of Direct Mail from Campaign Dashboard?

Level 7

Hello Folks,

We have a requirement to restrict users of a Group from viewing Output file generated by Direct Mail. For this I created a custom named right -> mapped it against the group I want to restrict and tried leveraging HasNamedRight and properties visibleIf (to completely mask it) and enabledIf (to disable it). However, it doesn't seem to be work.

Ssb_94_0-1633552097272.png

I understand there is a OOTB Named Right "File Access", which can serve our purpose. But we don't want to go with this.

Ssb_94_1-1633552452223.png

Kindly please help on how can we achieve it (or) a reference of similar thing if it was done for same (or) different purpose would be helpful

Thanks,

SSB

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Ssb_94 ,

So have you tried setting the HasNamedRight in nms:delivery inputform? I think this would remove the file from the campaign dashboard>delivery section.

Level 7

Hi @Krishnanunni ,

Yes I applied on nms:delivery form. Tried applying in 2 places which has comments as "Delivery not inside Operation" and "Delivery inside an Operation".

Ssb_94_0-1633633277717.png

However, no luck  

Level 4

Hi @Ssb_94 ,

Then it might be inside a jssp code. But I don't know for sure and which one. Have you contacted Adobe customer support? 

Community Advisor

Hi @Ssb_94 ,

You can do some change in your 'nms:operation' input form i.e to modify the properties of Campaign Dashboard. Make the file visible to operators who has NamedRight='xyz' and invisible to rest other operators.

Thanks,

Jyoti 

Level 7

Hi @Jyoti_Yadav ,

Couldn't understand, are you saying to change in nms:operation form ? Unfortunately I couldn't see anything related to Delivery or File

Is it something like I need to handle this in Dashboard.jssp?

Level 7

Hi Folks,

Kindly please help on this, we are still struck

Thanks,

Employee Advisor

Hi there,

I think the Delivery dashboard is the "nms:delivery.jssp" located in the "Administration \ Configuration \ Dynamic JavaScript pages" folder.

I can't be sure as I never look at modifying the dashboard however it's most likely the one to look at. Also, make sure you make a copy of the JSSP and keep it safe prior doing any modification. It might be useful during future upgrade.... You could then try to use HasNamedRight in there to remove the visibility of the output file.

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 7

Thanks Denis!

Okay will try that and see how it goes.

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Just curious did you find anything in nms:delivery.jssp ? 

Level 7

Hi @kapilKochar 

I went through the nms:delivery.jssp and found a piece of code where it is creating a clickable link to view file content.

Ssb_94_0-1634594053215.png

I was trying out to apply condition if user not authorized to view the file, then link should not be created. So far no luck

Actually we don't want to change any OOTB JS / JSSP Implementation instead trying to handle in alternative way. Any other suggestions, please help

Thanks for your help