Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to give login operator name as a default field value?

Level 2

i have a requirement where in an input form i need to populate updatedBy field with the current operator name. So whenever a new record is inserted or an existing record is updated by an user using input form, i want that username to be populated in the updatedBy field. I tried using the default="CurrentUser()" in the schema on updatedBy field but it gives only the PK/ID of the current operator, not the name.

Is the any specific function which i can use to get the current operator name in schema? Or is there any other way to populate the current operator name to a field in input form? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Annie Femena.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Annie,

You can check "modifiedBy-id" field which must have been defined while creating your custom schema and the below link helps to get the operator's name .

You can refer any OOB schema for the same. This snippet is from the Delivery Schema.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.48.46 am.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anita

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Annie,

You can check "modifiedBy-id" field which must have been defined while creating your custom schema and the below link helps to get the operator's name .

You can refer any OOB schema for the same. This snippet is from the Delivery Schema.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.48.46 am.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anita