Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

how can we decypt/unzip the file received in SFTP usung File transfer activyt in acc

Level 3
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jefrii,

File transfer activity does not provide inbuilt decryption or decompression. These are provided in the data loading (file) activity.

isahore_0-1706599603187.png

It offers by default one operation, either decompression or decryption, in a single step. You can fall back to the old way of preprocessing where you can write a script to decompress and decrypt simultaneously. This can be done by adding the option variable "XtkSecurity_Disable_Preproc" as integer type and setting the value to 1. It is however not recommended as it poses a security risk.

Alternatively, you can run a command to decrypt the file in a js activity first, and then decompress the file using the OOTB feature from the data loading activity.

Let me know if that works.

BR,

Ishan

Level 3

Hi @isahore 

as mentioned by you:

It offers by default one operation, either decompression or decryption, in a single step.

1.if i select decompression option

what is the code i had to write to decompress it,and why please specify in detaail?

f i select decrypt option

what is the code i had to write to decrypt it and where

, please specify?

3.if we had to decrypt and decompress both ..then how we can do??

Community Advisor

@jefrii,

for 1 and 2, there is no code to be written. That all happens singularly in the data loading activity.

For doing both in the same activity, you need to enable the option I mentioned earlier and write a script, basically the decrypt and decompress commands in sequence (pipe separated most likely).

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/control-panel-learn/tutorials/instance-settings/gpg-key-mana...

BR,

Ishan

Level 3

@isahore 

It offers by default one operation, either decompression or decryption, in a single step

please help

1.we need to only decompress the file,using FT acitivity..please help me where i have to write code in this activity,,and how?

2.we need to only decrypt the file,using ft acitivity..please help me where i have to write code in this activity,,and how?

3.we need to only decrypt and decompress the file,using FT acitivity..please help me where i have to write code in this activity,,and how?

WE Have these 3 use cases

please pelase help