Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Filter output result different when string value given with and without single quotes

Level 4

Hi All,

In one of the schema I tried to use filter with a string field.

For example let the field be @PriorCY_PPDon.

When creating a query: @PriorCY_PPDon >= '3', Some values are ignored and when using @PriorCY_PPDon >= 3 all values correctly coming.

What can be the issue or is it something inbuild for adobe. 

Could someone please help me understand what is causing this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Greeshma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

It is due to SQL not ACC. The comparison operator will return different result based on the data type of operand used in your case. That's why, when you pass '3' you are getting a different result than 3.

If you want a proper numeric comparison, then the field shall be numeric one or you can write some expression to cast the values if you are sure about the possible values.

Cheers,

Deb

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

It is due to SQL not ACC. The comparison operator will return different result based on the data type of operand used in your case. That's why, when you pass '3' you are getting a different result than 3.

If you want a proper numeric comparison, then the field shall be numeric one or you can write some expression to cast the values if you are sure about the possible values.

Cheers,

Deb

Level 3

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1,

It depends on the data type of the field on which you are doing this operation. Incase you are sure about the values/ any queries result then i would suggest you can convert your field to appropriate data type through enrichment activity & get the expected comparison values.

Administrator

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa