Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

External Signal in ACC triggered by ACS

Level 3

Hi community,

I need your help to understand if there is a way to create a first wkf in ACS and, at the end of this first one, trigger a second wkf created in ACC (via external signal).

The "End" activity in ACS let me just trigger a wkf inside ACS, there is no option to trigger anything else.

The point is that we need to autmoatically extract some users from ACS, then load this list in ACC to send some comunications. If the file is not correctly exported form ACS, the wkf in ACC can't start.

Right now I'm thinking to set an ACC wkf with a scheduler that executes after a reasonable time after ACS wkf ending, then use a Test activity to verify if the file is present (or using directly Transfer file option).

Anyway, this solution is not resolutive.

For example, if ACS hasn't finished the file export when ACC wkf starts, the Test will fail and I have to find a way to retry later (no idea how to). If the file is still not available, probably there is a problem in ACS export, if the file is available, the wkf can go on.

It's quite complex to set all these flows, if there is a way (even via API) to trigger the external signal of the ACC wkf is surely better and more efficient.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LiviaD1 ,

You can try using below two approaches:

1) Schedule a workflow in ACC to check for file at SFTP location. If file is not present, then set a wait time loop of 10 minutes and recheck file is present or not. After wait, use a JS activity to count the number of execution, let's say for 2hours continuously in loop. If file is present, then workflow will execute successfully. If file is not present, then workflow will send an alert to operators informing about failure.

2) Another approach which can be used is via SOAP call. Send a SOAP request to ACC from ACS. Write a Javascript code to handle the SOAP request. Use PostEvent call in Javascript to trigger the workflow in ACC.

xtk.workflow.PostEvent(workflowName, "signal", "", variableName&Value, false);

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LiviaD1 ,

You can try using below two approaches:

1) Schedule a workflow in ACC to check for file at SFTP location. If file is not present, then set a wait time loop of 10 minutes and recheck file is present or not. After wait, use a JS activity to count the number of execution, let's say for 2hours continuously in loop. If file is present, then workflow will execute successfully. If file is not present, then workflow will send an alert to operators informing about failure.

2) Another approach which can be used is via SOAP call. Send a SOAP request to ACC from ACS. Write a Javascript code to handle the SOAP request. Use PostEvent call in Javascript to trigger the workflow in ACC.

xtk.workflow.PostEvent(workflowName, "signal", "", variableName&Value, false);

Thanks,

Jyoti