Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

EXTERNAL LIST WITHOUT IMPORTING THE RECIPIENTS INTO THE DATABASE OF ADOBE CAMPAIGN CLASSIC

Level 3

Hi,

I want to create a workflow using an external list (in CSV format) and avoiding importig them to the database of adobe campaign classic.

Is there anyway to do it? Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Blanca

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @bcollado ,

Refer this documentation for the configuration steps to Send Email Communication to contacts not included in the recipient’s schema but exists in an external file, and would not need to save those records of the external File in database.

Level 3

Hi,

I always follow those steps when Im working with single deliveries, but how should I do it when a workflow is required?

The purpose is to activate test A/B but using an external file as we don’t want to import the recipients in the database, and can´t find the way to make it

I mean the query has to contain the external file

bcollado_0-1709552267836.png

Thanks in advance as always.

Kind regards,

B

Employee Advisor

Hi Blanca,

You may want to try and leverage a Load Data activity. You can, in theory, load the data into a workflow, query it, and use it without updating the database. That said, I say in theory since I have not seen it leveraged for an A/B test.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/action-acti...

You could also check out using lists. You could create a list, use it in your A/B test, and then subsequently delete the list once the A/B has been completed if you don't want the recipients to stay in the database.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/importing-and-exporti...

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

Hi Craig,

as I do not understand how to work with the Data Loading activity, if I use the second option you recommend (looks much easier), if I delete the list right after, the tracking info is gonna be kept?

Thank you!

Kind regards