Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Disable Create button

Level 3

We have given Read only access to Campaign management to QA resources, we have a operator group for QA with read only access to the Campaign Management and other folders, this works fine they cannot Save any existing campaign's.

Is there a way to disable Create button in Campaigns ?

1814649_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, this is a suggestion, I'm ansering from home and I don't have an instance I can test this on from here:

Right-click on the buttons you want to disable and select "View source". Find the <container> that contains the button and add used the enabledIf attribute to enable the container only if users have a certain named right.

On this page you'll find an example of enabledIf and expr used to protect a schema, and here is an example on how to conditionally hide a container. I think the syntaxes are similar, give it a go and tell me if it works

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, this is a suggestion, I'm ansering from home and I don't have an instance I can test this on from here:

Right-click on the buttons you want to disable and select "View source". Find the <container> that contains the button and add used the enabledIf attribute to enable the container only if users have a certain named right.

On this page you'll find an example of enabledIf and expr used to protect a schema, and here is an example on how to conditionally hide a container. I think the syntaxes are similar, give it a go and tell me if it works

Level 7

Hello,

Were you able to resolve this? We are trying to disable the CREATE button on Homepage for all entities as we have provided Read-Only access to business users and while they try to create any campaign / offer the folder structure is slightly different when compared to explorer view.

I tried above suggestion, but I am not able to view source. By source you mean, Edit the XML Source or View Page Source ?

Could you please provide inputs on this

Thanks,

SSB

Level 1

This is an old post, but I was hoping it would work on the new "Create" button (2024), which is incredibly annoying, as it gets in the way of moving the window or resizing it!  If you accidentally click it, of course it creates a new PDF, which I DON'T want.  Any suggestions out there?