Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Delivery weight arbitration in prepared deliveries

Level 4

Hi,

I'm testing delivery weight arbitration in a Campaign workflow with prepared deliveries:

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-05 om 09.47.31.png

Contact date and weight are set in the "script" part of the delivery:

delivery.scheduling.contactDate = "2021-05-05 09:00:00"
delivery.scheduling.extracted = "2021-05-05 07:00:00"
delivery.forecast.weight = "20" // each of the 3 deliveries get a different weight (20, 30 and 40).

Contact date and extraction date are +12h and the deliveries are left on "Estimate Target" in order to have the re-evaluation being applied. No approvals on the Campaign and the schedule on the delivery template is set to "Automated", so no approvals should apply.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-05 om 09.55.41.png

Running the flow and waiting till next day, demonstrates that the re-evaluation took place, and only the highest weight is chosen for delivery. But still I do not get beyond the "Confirm delivery" state...

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-05 om 09.49.04.png

Is there a way to enforce the delivery on the contact date? because this scenario should be an automated campaign.

Thanks

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Stefan,

You can look at the properties pannel of the delivery, the second tab "Analyse", you should find a "Validation" part. In this part, a field "Validation mode" is available, and this one must be set to "Automatic" (or somtehing like that) but not "manual".

If it was in manual mode, it could be the reason why the delivery didn't send.

Cedric

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Stefan,

You can look at the properties pannel of the delivery, the second tab "Analyse", you should find a "Validation" part. In this part, a field "Validation mode" is available, and this one must be set to "Automatic" (or somtehing like that) but not "manual".

If it was in manual mode, it could be the reason why the delivery didn't send.

Cedric

Level 4

Hi Cedric,

in the template used for the preparation, the Approval mode was set to "Automatic", but it seems that in the actual generated email the Approval mode was reset to Manual.
So now I do enforce in the delivery script also the automatic mode, and just started a new test...

delivery.scheduling.validationMode = "auto"

this results in the actual delivery that the mode is correctly set.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-05 om 15.46.41.png

Although the interface is still asking for the confirm...
Just rerunning the test, and wait till tomorrow for the result...

Stefan

Community Advisor

Hello Stefan,

my bad I didn't see what action you performed on the devliery activity.

The way you are doing things now is for developpement and test purpose, but if you want to be sure that the delivery is sent in "production mode" (i.e automatically), you must select "Prepare and send" action in the delivery activity form. Otherwise, the delivery will stand in "preparation" mode and you will have to validate it manually each time.

If you need to delay the send, you can also change the [scheduling/@contactDate] with the delivery modification script (like you did with validationMode="auto")

Cédric

Level 4

Hi Cedric,

that's just the point of the test. I cannot set the Prepare state in the form, because the delivery logs are created and the arbitration pressure rule will be finalized. The delivery will not count for re-evaluation anymore (in order to achieve re-evaluation the delivery should be in target ready state: this behavior is nicely explained in this very useful webinar on pressure rules: https://helpx.adobe.com/customer-care-office-hours/campaign/campaign-optimization-using-pressure-rules.html).

Just to recap the (business case) test: I spawn 3 emails with different weight on certain (different) moments, and I want the re-evaluation of the pressure rules to apply and choose the highest weight email for sending; and this in an automated process.

In my latest test, I enforce the automated mode on the delivery, but now the delivery that needs to be executed (the one with the highest weight after re-evaluation) goes into error. Probably because there are no delivery logs yet, and it cannot fulfill the delivery

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-06 om 09.42.12.png

The other 2 mails, not chosen, still stay in preparation mode and require a confirm delivery...

Still need to find the proper way to let the delivery go from "target ready" to "prepare and send" after the re-evaluation and before contact date.

Stefan

Community Advisor
Hi Stefan, Maybe you can try to use workflows with schedulers or waits : you can prepare the delivery as you did before, then wait with a scheduler or wait activity. When pressure rules have been applied on the 3 deliveries, you can add another delivery activity, but this time, you have to choose the delivery with "Specified in the transition" to confirm the delivery automaticly. Could it be a solution ?

Administrator

Hi @stefanm38281801,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa