Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Deduplication on multiple variables

Level 1

I’m working on a DM campaign and the requirement is to target 1 person per household based on this rankin:

• Former customer
  • Recent responder
  • Top 4 deciles
my internal support suggests creating a view rather than doing the prioritization within Adobe?

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ken,

You can achieve this via two ways:

1) Dedup: You can also define these list of parameters for dedup and then select option for dedup method: 'using a list of values'.

2) Query Activity: Use Group by in Advanced parameters. Define aggregate condition for fields on which you want to find latest records.

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

If you can create a view which satisfies the requirement, then that is the best way as you can avoid ETL process in Campaign. I have seen similar use case but that was in Classic and it has merge functionality in the dedup activity whereas Standard does not have merge function in the dedup activity.

you can check this for the classic implementation and it is pretty good.

Use the merge functionality within the deduplication activity

Level 1

Thank you.  We’re using Classic, so the merge option will work.

Ken

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ken,

You can achieve this via two ways:

1) Dedup: You can also define these list of parameters for dedup and then select option for dedup method: 'using a list of values'.

2) Query Activity: Use Group by in Advanced parameters. Define aggregate condition for fields on which you want to find latest records.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 10

Hi Ken,

Moving this to Adobe Campaign Classic​. Please post your Campaign Classic questions directly here in the future.

Thank you for participating in our community!

Pablo