Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Database or table partitioning for performance benefits

Level 3

Hi guys,

We all know database partitioning helps on the performance front.  I'm keen to know if anyone has implemented DB or table level partitioning in a completely hosted ACC environment and what are/were the challenges that got in the way.

-wALF

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

HI wALF

It seems like you may be hosted by Adobe (not on-premise).   We would need to look at your setup, h/w, data retention, whether you're talking about our OOTB tables or custom tables, the PostgreSQL class size and autovacuum rules - and the whole PostgreSQL setup - holistically.   Then, do the tuning.   

Regards

Stephen Dupre
Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Adobe Campaign

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @wALF ,

Database partitioning is at DB level and for hosted environment it will be done by Adobe Support.

You go through below links to know more  on best practices.

Adobe Campaign Classic data model best practices

Best practices for performance improvement on Campaign Classic

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 3

Thanks Joyti.  Although the second link wasn't accessible, the first one summarizes some good tips that can be helpful.  I can now check with Adobe Support for I was particularly looking for database partitioning.  Before we could consider, I wanted to have a clear understanding on the benefits vs. efforts of doing so.

-wALF

Level 3

Turns out there is not a single customer using partitioned Postgres database.  Sadly, Adobe support says this is something that isn't supported by ACC as there are no cases available to answer our queries.

Is there a way we could raise an exception request so they can try this out on their local sandbox to confirm this works well compared to un-partitioned data?  Just trying to get partitioning certified by Adobe.

-wALF

Correct answer by
Employee

HI wALF

It seems like you may be hosted by Adobe (not on-premise).   We would need to look at your setup, h/w, data retention, whether you're talking about our OOTB tables or custom tables, the PostgreSQL class size and autovacuum rules - and the whole PostgreSQL setup - holistically.   Then, do the tuning.   

Regards

Stephen Dupre

Level 3

Hi Stephen,

Yes, we're completely hosted and although we're not running into massive performance issues but we were thinking if DB partitioning helps boost the performance a bit more, why not.  Your response makes a whole lot of sense and I totally agree.  This query was raised just to gain insights and understand the efforts vs. benefits. 

We'd be interested with just the custom tables, tbh.  We've been informed Postgres is hosted on RDS and hence not possible but an internal ENH has been raised by Adobe to officially support this, as I understand it.  

-wALF

Employee

I've done a mini-audit of your 2 PROD systems (I won't say company).. 

I can perhaps go over the findings on a web call..  PM me...

Regards

Stephen Dupre