Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Data lading(RDBMS) slowly from external mysql database

Level 4

I'm trying to loading data from an external database from MYSQL. I use the external account for sync the data, but it's very slowly for loading the data(it will cost 21 minutes to load 250k rows of data. How could I config the server to make it faster? thank you!

felixsongfei_0-1616392995573.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Felix,

In order to provide recommendations further, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Campaign Support.  We'll need to review the data trying to be inserted along with the hardware resources being used and the overall health of the system in general.

If the environment is entirely on your side, we can still assist, but would recommend reviewing the following:

1) System resources on both sides are sufficient

2) Network is stable and bandwidth is available

3) How large is each row of data

4) Are you inserting data into active tables that other queries may be utilizing and thus locking the table

5) MySQL version and database being inserted into (if on premise), if hosed then it's assumed PostGres.

Also please let us know what kind of performance you are expecting.

Thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Felix,

In order to provide recommendations further, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Campaign Support.  We'll need to review the data trying to be inserted along with the hardware resources being used and the overall health of the system in general.

If the environment is entirely on your side, we can still assist, but would recommend reviewing the following:

1) System resources on both sides are sufficient

2) Network is stable and bandwidth is available

3) How large is each row of data

4) Are you inserting data into active tables that other queries may be utilizing and thus locking the table

5) MySQL version and database being inserted into (if on premise), if hosed then it's assumed PostGres.

Also please let us know what kind of performance you are expecting.

Thanks,

Craig

Administrator

Hi @felixsongfei,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa