Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Concatenate the segment code of parent segment with the child segment

Level 2

I have two parent groups - Control and Offer and within them we will define multiple segments, say for example - Seg_A, Seg_B etc. When I get the final output I want something like this - Control.Seg_A, Offer.Seg_A etc.

When I check the option 

sauravp_0-1642517980798.png

in the Split activity I get the following error - XTK-170036 Unable to parse expression '[targetData/@segmentCode]+'Seg_A''

Is there a way to make this work or any workaround that can be used. I want to avoid manually entering the extended code every time.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @sauravp 
In the second split activity (where you see the error) > General tab please update the Filtering settings to Use the additional data only

kishorep_0-1643961707082.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you double checked the usage of quotes? Sometimes you have to go into the expression editor to check them. The visual is sometimes odd. The error you have looks like your quotes are in the wrong place.

I believe you want something like this.

'[targetData/@segmentCode]' + 'Seg_A'

Level 2

The expression is being generated within the activity.

The error is because it is looking for targetData/@segmentCode, whereas the segmentCode from the previous activity is accessible directly as @segmentCode.

Employee Advisor

Can you add a screen shot of the activity with the targeting?

Level 2

sauravp_0-1643281768156.png

This is a sample of how it will be in the workflows. First segment would be control or offer and then further segments will be created on those. Finally the segment which is stored in broadLog should look like - Control.Seg_A or Offer.Seg_B

Administrator

Hi @sauravp

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa , 

The issue is not resolved. We are manually setting the concatenated segment codes for now. 

This looks like a bug in the activity code, which is preventing me from using it as intended.

Administrator

Thanks for the update! I will escalate it further among SMEs and see if they can help you further.

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @sauravp 
In the second split activity (where you see the error) > General tab please update the Filtering settings to Use the additional data only

kishorep_0-1643961707082.png

Hope this helps!

Administrator

Hi @sauravp,

Was this solution helpful to resolve your query? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa