Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Changing the schema to a different table or view

Level 2

Is it possible to change the custom Adobe Schema (like abcd:test) to point to a different physical table or view then when it was originally created? This is under assumption that new table/view would have the same structure as original one.

So, in this example we created the schema with name space abcd pointing to AC Database table called test.

If we created a new table called test1 in AC database with the same structure as test - can we keep the original schema (abcd:test) and point it to new table test1?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric,

Have a look into the preview tab of the concerned schema. This is located in the left bottom section of the schema window. You can find this attribute there. Copy and place it in the “edit” tab of the schema and assign the desired table name as its value.

Kind regards,

Ishan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric,

Can you also put some light on your use case? Do you want such a change to reflect on the physical schema itself as a permanent change? Or do you want such a change to happen inside a workflow on run time?

Thanks,

Ishan

Level 2

I am looking for change in the physical schema - not on workflow level. So - logical scheme would stay the same (like abcd:test in my example above) but physical table name would change from test to test1 for example. This schema is read only (populated via external ETL) in Adobe Campaign database. 

Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric,

You can do so by changing the name of the linked database table in this attribute in the main element of the schema.

sqltable="<<name of your database table>>"

Thanks,

Ishan

Level 2

Thank you but I don't see that attribute in Adobe Campaign Classic. 

In our case the schema looks like:

<srcSchema _cs=".." created="2019-08-28 17:24:35.885Z" createdBy-id="0"
entitySchema="xtk:srcSchema" img="xtk:schema.png" label="..."
lastModified="2020-02-05 01:12:23.348Z" mappingType="sql" md5="..."
modifiedBy-id="0" name="..." namespace="..." xtkschema="xtk:srcSchema">
<element autopk="true" label="..." name="...">
<key name="...">
<keyfield xpath="@..."/>
</key>
<attribute ... sqlname="..." ...>

<sysFilter name="readAccess">
<condition enabledIf="..." expr="FALSE" internalId="..."/>
</sysFilter>
</element>
<createdBy _cs="..."/>
<modifiedBy _cs="..."/>
</srcSchema>

Any idea where would that attribute be?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric,

Have a look into the preview tab of the concerned schema. This is located in the left bottom section of the schema window. You can find this attribute there. Copy and place it in the “edit” tab of the schema and assign the desired table name as its value.

Kind regards,

Ishan