Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Can Scheduled deliveries trigger email after deleting the delivery

Level 2

Hi Team,

In my campaign workflow, I used simple delivery with scheduling (automatic execution of future contact date). Unfortunately, I configured the wrong mailing list. So I deleted the delivery without stopping it. Then, I went to the Deleted Deliveries folder and manually stopped that delivery. 

Will the delivery still deploy emails as per the scheduled date?

Kindly give me a response as soon as possible.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ignatius_dilip 
If you removed and then stopped the delivery there is nothing to trigger right?

I do not think even deleted deliveries that are still scheduled would trigger. I suppose trigger runs only deliveries when specific conditions are met.

But then you completely removed it from the instance. There is no record in database so no trigger can even find this delivery 

You can also "sledge hammer" the server to be sure 

Marcel

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ignatius_dilip 
If you removed and then stopped the delivery there is nothing to trigger right?

I do not think even deleted deliveries that are still scheduled would trigger. I suppose trigger runs only deliveries when specific conditions are met.

But then you completely removed it from the instance. There is no record in database so no trigger can even find this delivery 

You can also "sledge hammer" the server to be sure 

Marcel

Level 2

Hi Marcel

Thanks for your answer. My question is if the delivery is scheduled tomorrow and by mistake I configured the wrong mailing list. So, without my knowledge, I deleted the delivery without stopping it. Would it still trigger the delivery on the scheduled date?

Community Advisor

Hello I doupt that adobe would trigger deliveries that has been deleted also you will not be able to check anything in UI console as you have removed the delivery.

Community Advisor

Hi @ignatius_dilip ,

To Check whether the delivery has been triggered to few Recipients or not before stopping and deleting it, Please cross check whether your nms:delivery Schema has targeted records (based on last modified datetime) and please check whether the ContactDate([scheduling/@contactDate]) field is populated or not for those records. 

If it is populated, it means that the delivery has been attempted or else no delivery is sent.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Community Advisor

Hi @ignatius_dilip ,

I had tried recreating the same scenario in my instance by targeting my email ID.

- Created 2 deliveries with label as delivery1 and delivery2, and with different subject line for each delivery.

- And Scheduled contact date for both deliveries to trigger after 30 minutes.

- Started the workflow. So 2 deliveries got created with contact date as current time +30 minutes.

- Now, I had deleted the delivery2. And can able to see the delivery2 in Deleted delivery folder.

After 30 minutes, I have received email from delivery1 with its subject line. But I haven't received email from delivery2 (deleted delivery).

From this, we can say Deliveries are not triggered for deleted delivery. 

You can also create a test workflow with the same scenario, BUT TARGET ONLY YOUR TEST EMAIL address as targeting profile.

ParthaSarathy