Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can a scheduler be used with an AND-JOIN

Level 3

Hi Team, 

Just a simple question here, would it be possible to use a scheduler with an AND-JOIN in campaign. I know its doable but what would be the primary set, is this best practice. 

The scenario is as follows a campaign is executed tomorrow (data prep) but has deliveries which need to go out on a specific date and time, volume is present but want to trigger these sends based on different times and dates. I want to use an AND-JOIN in conjunction with a scheduler to ensure that the volume is only passed when the time and date are reached.

I remember a while back I had a similar scenario but the implications on using this approach was shot down by the garbage collector wiping down temp tables, I dont know enough about how this function works in order to accurately and confidently say this is the reason we should not be using this approach. 

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @NayanMistry 

If the workflow has executed and you want to freeze the delivery target for a later sent, you need to set the contact date at the Delivery level to be the date when the delivery will be executed. 
What will then happen is that the workflow is executed, the delivery is prepared but it will be sent only on the Contact Date. So you will be using the Scheduling feature of the delivery

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1663763610357.png

You could also calculate the contact date in the workflow and set it on the delivery via the JS script of the Delivery Activity.

Doing this way is probably the safest way for your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @NayanMistry 

If the workflow has executed and you want to freeze the delivery target for a later sent, you need to set the contact date at the Delivery level to be the date when the delivery will be executed. 
What will then happen is that the workflow is executed, the delivery is prepared but it will be sent only on the Contact Date. So you will be using the Scheduling feature of the delivery

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1663763610357.png

You could also calculate the contact date in the workflow and set it on the delivery via the JS script of the Delivery Activity.

Doing this way is probably the safest way for your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis