Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Campaign Instances and how to remove them

Level 2

Question 1:   I am trying to setup a new environment of Campaing following this resource: Standalone deployment .  How can i remove all the instances from my box ? Is there any nlserver command for this. Or can i simply delete the two configs files located in conf folder?

Question 2:  Can someone please explain what actually is the use case for Instances ? What do they do , what is the significance of having multiple instances on the same machine?

Thanks

akshay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1: Yes, delete the instance configs. Or at least the <dataSource/> nodes in them. Drop the db's too if they're taking up space.

2: I can't think of any reasons to use multiple instances on same install. Likely the devs added it as a matter of correctness- a proper server can serve multiple instances. Everyone just uses containers or vm's, much easier to manage.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1: Yes, delete the instance configs. Or at least the <dataSource/> nodes in them. Drop the db's too if they're taking up space.

2: I can't think of any reasons to use multiple instances on same install. Likely the devs added it as a matter of correctness- a proper server can serve multiple instances. Everyone just uses containers or vm's, much easier to manage.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks Jon !

Could you please explain ( or refer to any material ) which explains the use cases for multiple instances ?

For eg, is it that, Administrator can have multiple instances each one geared towards a specific type of businesss.. like HR ând Finance emailing can be done from one instance while Marketing uses another instance. 

Hope my question is clear enough?

Once again Thanks a lot for your help.

a

Community Advisor

Hi,

Multiple instances exist along 2 axes:

1. Companies that want to follow best practices, with dev/test/integration/.../prod pipelines. The non-prod instances then get abandoned after a year or so.
  2. Companies that have the budget/organization to align instances with divisions/brands, e.g. Yum Brands having instances for Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. More common is multitenancy within a single instance.

Instances never align to user roles.

Thanks,

-Jon