Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Campaign Classic Application Server Install can't find Java

Level 1

I am working on installing Campaign Classic specifically the Application server but can't seem to get it to recognize Java. I am following the install guide here: Installing the server

Tech stack:

Server: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (64 bit)

Application: Adobe Campaign Class v7.0.8795 (32 bit)

Open JDK: 1.8.0_211 (32 bit)

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 11.04.28 AM.png

Any attempt to start the web server errors out with JVM-510037. I have confirmed Java is installed, and that the environment variables are in the system path.

In the end this will be a hybrid deployment between a 3-tier (web/app/db) on-prem and Adobe Cloud.

Any help will be appreciated! I spent hours searching through Adobe Campaign installations documentation but was not able to find a solution.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Luke,https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/INS_Prerequisites_and_recommendations__Application_server....

As written in this documentation, it must be a JDK and not a JRE engine installed.

Application server

Then regarding 32 bits or 64 bits version, I think it should be 64bits. Try to install it please. I think to remember that on old servers I got the 2 libraries 32 and 64 bits installed, but with newer Adobe Campaign version it was a 64 bits runtime and the JDK 64 bits is enough.
However I notice your AC version is 32 bits so I wonder why.

C:\Windows\system32>java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Anyway, please may you check in your PATH environment variable, you should have these paths in it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath; C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.1\bin

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Luke,https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/INS_Prerequisites_and_recommendations__Application_server....

As written in this documentation, it must be a JDK and not a JRE engine installed.

Application server

Then regarding 32 bits or 64 bits version, I think it should be 64bits. Try to install it please. I think to remember that on old servers I got the 2 libraries 32 and 64 bits installed, but with newer Adobe Campaign version it was a 64 bits runtime and the JDK 64 bits is enough.
However I notice your AC version is 32 bits so I wonder why.

C:\Windows\system32>java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Anyway, please may you check in your PATH environment variable, you should have these paths in it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath; C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.1\bin

Regards
J-Serge

Level 1

On Windows it seems the nlserver is purely using registry key when trying to locate JVM on the disk. It is not using JAVA_HOME, PATH or any other method you may be used from other Java process launchers.

Specifially nlserver looks in registry location HKLM\Software\JavaSoft in order to find a JVM. Setting this registry key is not part of the Java standard; it was/is a proprietary thingy done by Oracle's Java installer. The consequence is that if you use any other Java distribution than Oracle's (or haven't installed the JDK but just unpacked a ZIP bundle) then you need to double-check if your specific Java distribution sets this key or not. If you are using AdoptOpenJDK, Zulu, Amazon Corretto or any other Java distribution which is not Oracle's then you need to verify the presence of this registry key.

For example with AdoptOpenJDK's MSI Installer it is an opt-in option:

AdoptOpenJDK-registry-key.png

Level 3

I know this is too late. I'm trying to do the installation. I checked the registry, it contains the proper JDK path and it's not working. Any suggestions? Can we not use any open JDK?