Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Use Recipient's field as BCC

Level 5

In my nms:Recipients, the Adobe Campaign Out Of the Box table,  we have a field called:  manager, that we want to use as BCC. So everytime a client recieves an email, their manager also recieves it.

How to do this?  

In delivery template I see "Email BCC" , in the delivery tab, but where do I configure the actual BCC email to be used?

ogonzalesdiaz_0-1695763600618.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ogonzalesdiaz 

BCC functionality is very limited in Campaign classic, and you cannot change the BCC address dynamically.

More details on this are available here: Email archiving | Adobe Campaign

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ogonzalesdiaz 

BCC functionality is very limited in Campaign classic, and you cannot change the BCC address dynamically.

More details on this are available here: Email archiving | Adobe Campaign

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz 

As mentioned, BCC is sending the emails to an unique mailbox hosted on the customer side and it won't fit well your use case unless the customer puts rules on that mailbox to forward the emails to the relevant account managers based on the recipient emails....

You could explore using seed addresses to send the emails to the account manager of the recipients

Thanks

Denis

Level 5

Hi, we can automate this with seed addresses to acomplish this?

If so how?

Employee

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz 

It'd be possible to do the following

1. When injecting a recipient, using the manager email address on its record, create / update a seed template
  2. In the workflow, you would bring the email manager and the seed ID in the additional data that the seed id is available in the delivery
  3. On the Delivery Template, level has a Control typology rule (I suppose it'd work) you would go through the target audience, get the seed id from the audience (keeping only 1 id if duplicated value of course) and set it as a seed on the delivery.....

Topics 1 and 2 are easy, never done topic 3 although I've seen customers manipulating the target audience at the start of the delivery preparation, so there are possibilities to modify the delivery.

If you use the Delivery workflow activity (as opposed email workflow activity), you also have the possibility to add the relevant JS  from topic 3 there...

I would say doable will require a few hit & miss on topic 3...

An alternative solution from above would be to create the accoutn managers a rerecipient

so the flow would be

1. When injecting a recipient, using the manager email address on its record, create / update a recipient and flag at as Account Mgr
  2. Enrich the audience with the recipients corresponding to the manager of the targeted recipient and send the email to them as normal recipients,

In both cases, it won't be a true BCC as the recipient will receive the emails with its own personalisation as opposed the personalisation of the account its manages...With the alternative, you could tweak the context of the account manager recipient to contain the context of its cllients

That's how I would look at it..

Thanks

Denis

Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz 

You can send a copy of the email to other recipient like below :-

AkshayAnand_2-1695821725930.png

The first part of the delivery is simple where I am querying a recipient and sending the email, in the Javascript I am creating a duplicate of the delivery that has been sent to the recipient to send it to the concerned managers using the script below :

var delivery = nms.delivery.create();
delivery.Duplicate("nms:delivery|" + vars.deliveryId);
delivery.save();
vars.deliveryId1 = delivery.id;
logInfo("vars.deliveryId:   "+vars.deliveryId1);

Also in the delivery I am getting the ID for the delivery that has been sent to the recipient. In the Script tab of the delivery activity i have put this script.

vars.deliveryId=delivery.id;

Now once the duplicate of the delivery has been created I query for the managers of the recipient targeted before and send the same email to the managers by setting the desired configuration in the delivery activity.

AkshayAnand_1-1695821640015.png

Hope this helps.

Regards

Akshay