Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Block sending 2 emails with the same subject

Level 2

Hello Community
I am looking to create a typology rule to block sending 2 emails with the same subject sent to the same recipient within 24 hours.
I have tried using pressure rules but this one blocks all deliveries to be sent to recipients. (we want to block the specified delivery).
Any help for the query we want to use?
Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the correct answer 
To solve this issue, we used a typology rule that checks the delivery label with the current delivery label.
The expression :
[delivery/@label] equals [currentDelivery/@label].

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

this should be possible using a "Filtering" type typology rule. The filter needs to look into the broadlog and compare possibly existing deliveries. Something like this:

2022-01-28_08-45-04.png

 You can use the currentDelivery object (it is not selectable in the UI, you have to enter it manually in the advanced screen) to access the delivery that is about to being sent. You should also try to filter most of the audience upfront during targeting and use this rule only as a safety measure. 

And lastly you need to test this; the subject attribute is also a hidden field, and I am not sure if it can be used in queries like this for comparison. 

Good luck and best regards, Tobias

Level 2

Hi Tobias ,

Thank you so much for your reply 
I tried to use the query you gived me but I get this error 

QUE-370015 The '/mailParameters/subject' element is not stored as an independent SQL field (document type 'Diffusions (nms:delivery)'). Impossible to use it as a filter criterion in a query.

Best regards

Employee Advisor

Good morning,

you could try to compare the subject by using the NodeValue function:

NodeValue('delivery/mailParameters/subject', data)

Best regards, Tobias

Level 2

Good Morning,

Unfortunately it didnt work I got the same error  

Here is the Expression I've tried

Wiznamo_0-1643624400980.png

Best Regards

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the correct answer 
To solve this issue, we used a typology rule that checks the delivery label with the current delivery label.
The expression :
[delivery/@label] equals [currentDelivery/@label].