Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Best method to setup UTM parameters

Level 4

Hello All,

I am looking for options to setup UTM parameters for all the links, within an email in ACC.

If we can centralize the method, so that the links can be dynamically appended, it will be great.

Please suggest some options for the same. The UTM parameters that we need to capture are Campaign ID

Campaign_label, Delivery Label 

Regards,

DG

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @dipendu_g,

You can do what you want to do by modifiying the ''NmsTracking_ClickFormula'' option.

It should look be something like this : 

Amine_Abedour_0-1655709482985.png

Br,

Amine

Level 4

Hello @Amine_Abedour ,

Thanks for your reply. I will implement the same and let you know.

Thanks,

DG 

Level 4

Hi Amine,

I added the code and verified. The id is coming as 0, while the label is blank. I am executing this via a workflow from a campaign

Can you please help me here.

Regards,

Dipendu

Community Advisor

Hi @dipendu_g

Which delivery activity do you use ? 

Is the delivery_label blank too ? 

Br,

Amine 

Level 4

Hi @Amine_Abedour, I am using the Delivery under Actions Tab, But I also tried with Email Delivery under the Delivery Tab and also with Continuous delivery.

The Delivery Label is coming. It seems the associated campaign details are not picked up

Regards,

Dipendu

Community Advisor

hello,

The deliveries created by the delivery activity from the action tab does not get automaticaly linked to the operation, hence the lack of the operation info.

in the script Tab of the delivery activity add this to force the created deliveries to be linked to your operation

delivery.operation_id = instance.operation_id;

Amine_Abedour_0-1655969079751.png

Br,

Amine

Level 4

Hi @Amine_Abedour,

The operation id is still coming blank. I had also tried with recurring and Email Delivery under the Delivery Tab. But still I don't see the Operation Id / Campaign Id.

When I log that Info in the JS Script, I see that Operation ID, but it seems its not getting retrieved in the Email. Can you tell me what is the right way to retrieve this value in the Email

I am using the <%= message.delivery.operation.id %>

Regards,

Dipendu 

Employee Advisor

Hi @dipendu_g 

Could you share the code you added? in Plain text.. a sample would be as follow

<%@ include option='NmsTracking_ClickFormula' %>&eid=<%= message.delivery.internalName %>&bid=<%= message.id.toString().toLowerCase() %>

This will put the delivery internal name in the eid parameter ad the broadLog id in the bid parameter if you wish the delivery label, it would be something like message.delivery.label and if you want campaign information it would be message.delivery.operation.label

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet, Actually I followed what @Amine_Abedour had suggested. But  also tried getting this values in a Personalization Block, but there also it did not work

Where should I try the piece of code that you suggested ?

Regards,

Dipendu

Level 4

Hi,

Update. Tried your code in an email delivery.

The message.delivery.operation.label is always coming as blank. While the others details of delivery Internalname and id are properly coming

I am using the Delivery from Action Tab in the Workflow

Regards,

Dipendu

Administrator

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet

Can you please help @dipendu_g further here?

Thanks! 

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

Hi @dipendu_g 

It's weird as what was mentioned to set the operation_id is correct.

Could you send screenshot of the Delivery activity (Script tab), and screen shot of the Web Analytics external account or of the Trakcing Formula you've used?

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet

This issue looks like to be related to another issue that I raised.

Since I was using Continuous delivery, I had to save the Campaign ID and all other details but that seems to fail. Can you have a look ( I have updated that with my latest findings ). 

The Issue reference - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/scm-120008-unable-... 

Employee Advisor

Hi @dipendu_g 

I've added comments there, have a look, the following worked for me to load a delivery.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/scm-120008-unable-... 

Please be aware that using load function is memory intensive and NEVER EVER use it in a loop that you don't control the number of records in the loop, you will end up getting out of memory and will require a service restart, 

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis.