Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe v7 merge records function

Level 2

When two records are merged in adobe using the update activity, any transaction history (broadlog, tracking, etc) that was tied/associated to losing record, will all that get tied to the winning record id? or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tasheen,

If you are replacing losing recipient with winning recipient then for associating transaction history tables you have to update the primary key of winning recipient with foreign key of losing recipient in transaction history tables.

Regards,

S

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tasheen,

If you are replacing losing recipient with winning recipient then for associating transaction history tables you have to update the primary key of winning recipient with foreign key of losing recipient in transaction history tables.

Regards,

S

Level 2

Thanks Sourabh, thats what I thought. Appreciate the help!

Level 4

Hi, so just to make sure I understand, the merging of the two records does NOT really merge them unless you "update the primary key of winning recipient with foreign key of losing recipient in transaction history tables."  So, unless that is done, you are not truly merging the recipients, correct? Is there an easy way to update the foreign key?

Thanks,

Eugene

Level 4

In this case, wont the logs of losing recipient which had a different primary key get deleted/removed?