Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Adobe Campaign Web App - how to store secure variables

Level 2

Is there a best practice for management of secure variables when building Adobe Campaign (Classic) Web App? For example - in the Web App script activity we would like to connect to external web service to get some data and we need to store somewhere the credentials to access that external service. If we store this in variables - it will be exposed in the context (view source). If we store in the Options (Administration/Platform/Options) they are not encrypted or masked and are shown as clear text.

We can always create custom schema for these type of parameters and store them in Adobe Campaign database encrypted/masked - but that is a bit of a custom solution.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @RadAndric,

I'm not aware of an out-of-the-box solution to this, but I recommend either extending the Option schema (or creating a new schema) with a new password field that works in a similar way to the password field from the Operator schema.

Password field in Operator schema:

taplondon_josh_0-1598028678556.png

And then to add the field to the Option (or a custom) input form:

taplondon_josh_1-1598028843413.png

Thanks,

Josh

Administrator

Hi @RadAndric,

Was the given solution helpful or do you need more help? Please let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa