Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Language loading issue in dynamic PDF generated through Adobe Campaign Classic

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I want to send dynamic data to customers in a word(docx) as an attachment file which later converts itself into PDF, in an email delivery through Adobe Campaign Classic.

But as the email is received and I check the file the rest of the content in the file comes as blocks.

The word file attached has Thai language in it and the dynamic data are numbers. This is working fine when the content is in English.

How can we resolve the same in Adobe Campaign Classic.

Thanks

Mayank

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Grant marketing users createProcess right so they can use execCommand()
  2. Add a js activity before your delivery (use a js library for maintainability) that does this:
    1. Loop over inbound transition table (vars.targetSchema):
    2. For each row, use execCommand() to generate desired pdf with libreoffice (Campaign dependency). Name the files after their recipient id's. This should look something like: 
      /usr/bin/env soffice --headless --convert-to pdf --outdir /tmp file
  3. In the delivery set attachment to 'File name is computed during delivery of each message' and personalize accordingly, e.g. /tmp/<%= recipient.id %>.pdf

Thanks,

-Jon

Administrator

Hi @mayank_singh,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa