Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic Transactional Messages Limitations and Best Practices

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are looking forward to use transactional messaging email and sms, we would like to know the best practices, limitations and guidance on the same, please do help us on the same, thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Shine v.v

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ShineVv0823 ,

Some Limitations & Best Practices I find best from my experience are:

• The number of published transactional messages can have some impact on your platform performance and it's a best practice that you unpublish or delete unused events and templates from the control instance.
  • You cannot use the Unsubscription link blocks the transactional messages.
  • To make sure each event can be changed into a personalized message, you need to create a message template to match each event type.
  • Try not to add too much personalization or resources (images, etc) making delivery bulky which then increases the preparation and delivery time.
  • Images included in the message must be publicly accessible. Adobe Campaign does not provide any image upload mechanism for transactional messages.
  • Whenever you make any changes to a template, make sure you publish it again for these changes to be effective during transactional message delivery.
  • If you replace an existing field of the transactional message template, such as the sender address, with an empty value, the corresponding field on the execution instance(s) will not be updated once the transactional message is published again. It will still contain the previous value. However, if you add a non-empty value, the corresponding field will be updated as usual after the next publication.
  • Also, you cannot delete a transactional message template that has the Published status. You must unpublish it first.
  • When receiving SOAP calls, Adobe Campaign verifies the email address format. If an email address is incorrectly formatted, an error is returned.
    -On the execution instances, the Real-time events or Batch events folders must not be set as views, as this could lead to access rights issues.

Also, you may refer to the link 'Recommendations'.

Br,
Shubham

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Shine,

I would recommend checking out the documentation below for some of this. That said, with Campaign there are a lot of moving parts, so for an accurate answer/recommendation on your questions above, I would reach out to Campaign Support or an Adobe Architect to review your system and provide any recommendations based on your current configuration.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/technotes/hardware-sizing.html?lang=e...

Regards,

Craig

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ShineVv0823 ,

Some Limitations & Best Practices I find best from my experience are:

• The number of published transactional messages can have some impact on your platform performance and it's a best practice that you unpublish or delete unused events and templates from the control instance.
  • You cannot use the Unsubscription link blocks the transactional messages.
  • To make sure each event can be changed into a personalized message, you need to create a message template to match each event type.
  • Try not to add too much personalization or resources (images, etc) making delivery bulky which then increases the preparation and delivery time.
  • Images included in the message must be publicly accessible. Adobe Campaign does not provide any image upload mechanism for transactional messages.
  • Whenever you make any changes to a template, make sure you publish it again for these changes to be effective during transactional message delivery.
  • If you replace an existing field of the transactional message template, such as the sender address, with an empty value, the corresponding field on the execution instance(s) will not be updated once the transactional message is published again. It will still contain the previous value. However, if you add a non-empty value, the corresponding field will be updated as usual after the next publication.
  • Also, you cannot delete a transactional message template that has the Published status. You must unpublish it first.
  • When receiving SOAP calls, Adobe Campaign verifies the email address format. If an email address is incorrectly formatted, an error is returned.
    -On the execution instances, the Real-time events or Batch events folders must not be set as views, as this could lead to access rights issues.

Also, you may refer to the link 'Recommendations'.

Br,
Shubham