Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic - Dropping a column

Level 3

Hi

Are there any guidelines to follow if i want to drop a column in a custom table; or do we modify the xml and then propogate changes to the database and that is enough? What is the best way, or is there a best way?

I do not see anything on the campaign documentation on dropping columns.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankurm,

If your schema leads the underlying SQL structure, yes, you can delete the element/attribute corresponding to the column in the schema, then propagate the change with Tools/Advanced/Update database structure:
Updating the database structure

But if you do the invert thing, that means, if the mapping is SQL-directed, you delete the column in the database engine, then you must use the other advanced tool Extend database to apply the change in your schema, or most often, do it manually (often easier if change is quite simple).

Please take care, because there could be indexes, or relationships based on the column to be deleted. And of course, data to be saved through a table backup is often a good recommendation.

Regards.
J-Serge

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankurm,

If your schema leads the underlying SQL structure, yes, you can delete the element/attribute corresponding to the column in the schema, then propagate the change with Tools/Advanced/Update database structure:
Updating the database structure

But if you do the invert thing, that means, if the mapping is SQL-directed, you delete the column in the database engine, then you must use the other advanced tool Extend database to apply the change in your schema, or most often, do it manually (often easier if change is quite simple).

Please take care, because there could be indexes, or relationships based on the column to be deleted. And of course, data to be saved through a table backup is often a good recommendation.

Regards.
J-Serge

Level 3

Thanks Jean; I am glad that we did the right thing then. Its always a little worry if we are dropping things and not cleaning up properly.