Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Accessing SMPP response in post-processing workflow in external account

Level 2

Hello

Is there any way I can fetch SMPP response in post-processing workflow?

We are using SMPP for SMS deliveries and we want to save the SMPP response in custom schema. Is there any way I can get the response queried in post-processing workflow configured  in external account of SMPP.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sharma_nik ,

Unfortunately, I think you might not be able to extract the SMPP responses with the help of post-processing workflows.

But in regards to your requirement, in Adobe Campaign Classic, to link SR with their corresponding MT, an ID is returned by the SMSC with the SUBMIT_SM_RESP and DELIVER_SM steps. The identifier is stored in the providerId field of the nms::providerMsgId table and is linked to broadLogId and deliveryId. This matching operation is done by the SMS process when writing to the database. A successful SUBMIT_SM_RESP PDU triggers the “sent” message status in the sending log while a successful DELIVER_SM (SR) PDU triggers the “received” message status.
So, you can refer to this table to extract the information for the SMPP responses.

For source and additional information: here 

Br,

Shubham

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sharma_nik ,

Unfortunately, I think you might not be able to extract the SMPP responses with the help of post-processing workflows.

But in regards to your requirement, in Adobe Campaign Classic, to link SR with their corresponding MT, an ID is returned by the SMSC with the SUBMIT_SM_RESP and DELIVER_SM steps. The identifier is stored in the providerId field of the nms::providerMsgId table and is linked to broadLogId and deliveryId. This matching operation is done by the SMS process when writing to the database. A successful SUBMIT_SM_RESP PDU triggers the “sent” message status in the sending log while a successful DELIVER_SM (SR) PDU triggers the “received” message status.
So, you can refer to this table to extract the information for the SMPP responses.

For source and additional information: here 

Br,

Shubham

Level 2

Hello Shubham

Thanks for your help.

Not exactly what we needed but yes, it helped a lot.