Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unique Ids between Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Campaign Classic

Level 2

Hi Team,

Is there a way to identify unique users who've responded to Paid Media campaign and CRM campaign as well? 

Background :

we are planning to run email campaign via ACC. we also want same set of users to target via paid media campaign through AAM. First, we'll target users via email (though ACC) and then we'll target same set of users via paid campaing (pushing segments from AAM to DSP).

Problem Statement:

Is there a way to identify users who've responded to CRM and Paid Media? Please share your thoughts in order to achieve unique user count.

Thanks in Advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mrugesh,

There won't be any issues if you use a hashed customer ID or any customer ID, instead of hashed email address. But ACC will need a reconciliation key/file, so ACC should be able to understand and resolve hashed customer IDs to email addresses, vice versa. 

1) why do we need offline traits and segments? As ACC will push segments into AAM anyways (Pls correct me if i'm missing here anything).

That's correct if you have the native integration in place then segment will get created by Adobe Campaign and that will reflect in AAM.

If you are not using ACC and AAM integration, and sending a file using ACC ETL process, then you need to create onboarded traits and segments in prior.

Even, with the native integration in place, if you create a segment in ACC, you will have to come back to AAM UI, edit that segment and select appropriate profile merge rule for that segment.

2) Once segments are already pushed into AAM - how do we segregate users who've responded to email campaign and those who've not?

You need to create that Audience or list within ACC. I am not very much across ACC, but it should have functionality to create audience of users who opened email, clicked and went to landing page and did not open. Check this doc on exporting audience to Audience Manager: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clou...

If in case ACC does not track who clicked and went to the landing page, then you you can create a custom pixel to track links and collect data in AAM. See this doc for more info:
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guides...

So, you can deploy custom AAM pixels on CTAs within email like: (subdomain).demdex.net/event?d_event=click&d_cid=(DataSourceID)%01(HashedID)%011&c_emailclick=yes&c_platform=email&d_rd=https%3A%2F%2Ftest.com%2Flandingpage.html

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi Mrugesh,

I have few questions:

Is there an ID sync on the website/app? If yes, what is the primary ID used for ID syncing, is that hashed email ID or a customer ID?

Have you already set up the declared ID based integration with Adobe campaign?

On generic note, I can tell it is possible.

You need to use declared ID based integration. So, the users that you will target via ACC, you can export those to AAM using the AAM to ACC integration or via export/ETL workflow from ACC to AAM. Basically, ACC will export the onboarding data file for AAM to ingest.
Before that, you should have offline traits and segments in place. Segments should have a profile merge rule applied on them. Profile merge rule should be using the ACC declared ID data source or the cross device data source you used to ingest file into AAM on that segment.

The primary ID in ACC exported file should also have ID sync implemented on the website/app.

If you use ECID based integration, then you can only target those people who received the email and landed onto the website/app as that's a cookie based integration.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Thank Varun for your response.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, ID sync has implemented on website/app 2) Primary ID used is hashed customer ID (will there be any issue if primary id is customer ID and not email id?) and

3) Declered ID based integration has set with ACC

Couple of quick questions:

1) why do we need offline traits and segments? As ACC will push segments into AAM anyways (Pls correct me if i'm missing here anything)

2) Once segments are already pushed into AAM - how do we segregate users who've responded to email campaign and those who've not?

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mrugesh,

There won't be any issues if you use a hashed customer ID or any customer ID, instead of hashed email address. But ACC will need a reconciliation key/file, so ACC should be able to understand and resolve hashed customer IDs to email addresses, vice versa. 

1) why do we need offline traits and segments? As ACC will push segments into AAM anyways (Pls correct me if i'm missing here anything).

That's correct if you have the native integration in place then segment will get created by Adobe Campaign and that will reflect in AAM.

If you are not using ACC and AAM integration, and sending a file using ACC ETL process, then you need to create onboarded traits and segments in prior.

Even, with the native integration in place, if you create a segment in ACC, you will have to come back to AAM UI, edit that segment and select appropriate profile merge rule for that segment.

You need to create that Audience or list within ACC. I am not very much across ACC, but it should have functionality to create audience of users who opened email, clicked and went to landing page and did not open. Check this doc on exporting audience to Audience Manager: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clou...

If in case ACC does not track who clicked and went to the landing page, then you you can create a custom pixel to track links and collect data in AAM. See this doc for more info:
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guides...

So, you can deploy custom AAM pixels on CTAs within email like: (subdomain).demdex.net/event?d_event=click&d_cid=(DataSourceID)%01(HashedID)%011&c_emailclick=yes&c_platform=email&d_rd=https%3A%2F%2Ftest.com%2Flandingpage.html

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Hey Varun,

Just one question before closing thread, once we push segments from ACC to AAM and later AAM to DSPs for paid campaigns.

what approach (rather primary key/unique id) you will suggest to identify users who've responded to Paid campaigns and users who've responded to CRM campaigns?

Thanks again for your response

Level 9

Hi Mrigesh,

I would recommend to stick to declared ID (customer ID) for all use cases, and use the appropriate profile merge rule preferably with Last Auth as auth option.

Even, when someone is opening the email and clicking on the link to go to landing page, you can implement ID sync on that page. You need to use appropriate macros in Adobe Campaign, so the customer ID/hashed ID is passed as URL parameter. Then perform an ID sync with that customer ID/hashed ID.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra