Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sftp Inbound Customer Data Ingestion file to AAM

Level 1

Can i use sftp to send the sftp Inbound Customer Data Ingestion file to AAM S3 bucket? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi tonyy263364

From audience manager perspective,we only help with Amazon S3 bucket and does not have anything in road map related to AWS S3 sftp service.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

I don't think so as FTP isn't supported any more. You can only use S3 bucket to onboard offline data. - FTP Name and File Size Requirements for Inbound Data Files

Level 1

i am not using AWS, so how can send the Inbound Customer Data Ingestion file to AAM S3 bucket?

Employee Advisor

I think the Adobe customer care will provision an S3 account for you if not already done. Some details are available here on this page - Beta Environment See - Provision Amazon S3 Buckets

Level 1

Thanks for your reponse.  I should ask how to automate the file transfer from my machine to AAM S3 bucket.  Even provsion an S3 account for me, i cannot automate the file transfer from my machine to AAM S3 bucket.  I just know i can automate sftp job to do file transfer from my machine.  Any option to automate the file transfer from my machine to AAM S3 bucket?

Employee Advisor

Have you gone through the Amazon AWS command line reference - Using High-Level (s3) Commands with the AWS CLI - AWS Command Line Interface 

I guess you can write a shell script calling these commands and create a cron to upload the files automatically.

Level 1

On top of kunal23's suggestion, you can also leverage AWS S3 sftp service to upload files to your own S3 instance,

and then transfer to Adobe provision S3 through AWS Lambda. Although Adobe doesn't officially support sFTP as the file transfer option(ftp only), S3 has opened up a lot of flexibility for your data file transfer options.

https://aws.amazon.com/sftp/

Level 1

Thanks for your suggestion.  As i don't want to own/manage my own AWS environment.  Does Adobe S3 at AWS also enabled the AWS S3 sftp service?  Then i can directly to send the files via sftp from my on-perm machines. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi tonyy263364

From audience manager perspective,we only help with Amazon S3 bucket and does not have anything in road map related to AWS S3 sftp service.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 10

Hey tonyy263364 ,

Were you able to find a resolution to your query?

Thanks,

Gaurang

Employee

I have a similar question for sandbox environments what is the simplest way to onboard the files?

Employee Advisor

Linda, please see Beta Environment .. there is a way to get specify the sandbox environment when asking Engineering for an inbound folder