Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Set Data Source over DIL implementation

Level 4

Hi all,

I have tried to set the data source over the DIL so that it does not end up in the "Online Datasource" generic data source. For pixel tracking I would use "d_src" as a query parameter before submitting the signal. That's why assumed that adding the following line would already solve this problem. Nevertheless it does not work for me, now the signals are completely lost.

adobeDIL.api.customQueryParams({ d_src: "12345678" });

adobeDIL.api.signals({ c_a : "1"}).submit();

Any idea how to do that, or what I assumed wrong?

Thanks,

Konstantin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi KRAZ

We have this legacy Dil.create function available in doc Configure Merge Rule Code  to pass data source Id(dpid) using DIL code.However,we recommend using visitorApi.js to pass in the data source id.More information is available on link:

Customer IDs and Authentication States

CID Replaces DPID and DPUUID

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi KRAZ

d_src is Data source ID or integration code of the platform providing the metadata (e.g., DFA, Atlas, GBM, Media Math, etc.) and is required for audience optimization reports.

For data collection (traits), you would  need to deploy a standard pixel to the media and create traits for the data collection portion to pass the required parameters to AAM.

For more info, see the public-facing documentation on Capturing Campaign Data via Pixel Calls: Impression / Click

Regards,

Shweta

Level 4

Thanks for your reply. It's not actually the reply to my answer, so probably I need to explain it better:

I know that I can set the data source for pixel and impression calls. What I want to do is to set the data source also for calls going to AAM over the DIL api.

If you use the server2server integration over Adobe Analytics you get your different report suites as an own data source. So I was wondering when I have the setup with GA + DIL in the frontend and send data directly to AAM, can I also set the data source on these calls. In my opinion it would be nice to keep the traffic separate from the generic "Online Datasource".

In other words is there a way to set the data source over the DIL api.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi KRAZ

We have this legacy Dil.create function available in doc Configure Merge Rule Code  to pass data source Id(dpid) using DIL code.However,we recommend using visitorApi.js to pass in the data source id.More information is available on link:

Customer IDs and Authentication States

CID Replaces DPID and DPUUID

Regards,

Shweta