Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment for Analytics and AAM traits

Level 3

Hi,

Can anyone help me in figuring out the data source that should be used for a segment containing traits of Adobe Analytics data and AAM data. If I create a segment with traits made of Adobe Analytics data which has some abc data source and also add trait of AAM data only which has some xyz data source then what should be the data source used to create the segment?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

madhum20 I don’t think it really matters..

Say you have a real-time trait coming from Analytics through an eVar and Server-Side forwarding, it is most likely you’ll have that trait under the data source for the corresponding AA report suite.

Same if this is a full Analytics Audience you are sharing through the Experience Cloud, it will come as an Analytics segment under the same report suite and will show in AAM using a trait that is specific to AA audiences (integration code s667_abcdfe15fb23e60c0fdxxxx or similar).

Now say you create a segment with one of the above AND an onboarded AAM trait, I believe you can select the data source that makes more sense for your own taxonomy.

The exact terminology for a data source is

I think selecting the data source for a trait is more important, especially for onboarded traits because you need to upload the traits data against that very data source but as long as your traits are populating, then the associated segments will too.

At least this is how I see it, this would need to be tested.

Someone else might jump in and prove me wrong though but hope it helps a little.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

madhum20 I don’t think it really matters..

Say you have a real-time trait coming from Analytics through an eVar and Server-Side forwarding, it is most likely you’ll have that trait under the data source for the corresponding AA report suite.

Same if this is a full Analytics Audience you are sharing through the Experience Cloud, it will come as an Analytics segment under the same report suite and will show in AAM using a trait that is specific to AA audiences (integration code s667_abcdfe15fb23e60c0fdxxxx or similar).

Now say you create a segment with one of the above AND an onboarded AAM trait, I believe you can select the data source that makes more sense for your own taxonomy.

The exact terminology for a data source is

I think selecting the data source for a trait is more important, especially for onboarded traits because you need to upload the traits data against that very data source but as long as your traits are populating, then the associated segments will too.

At least this is how I see it, this would need to be tested.

Someone else might jump in and prove me wrong though but hope it helps a little.